PDA

View Full Version : moving fuel filler neck to door piller?

jamie gsi16v
26-04-05, 08:20 PM
wana move my fuel filler cap/hole/neck to the door piller, i no its been done but how bigger job is it and is it worth it, what bits do i need?

david dixon
26-04-05, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't bother with that one mate (just my opinion) your seat belt is fitted there and not only that the car will stink of petrol all the time.

NovaloadedAgain
29-04-05, 01:31 AM
I saw that done to a Nova in Total Vauxhall a while back.

I really wouldnt bother tho- Car smells of petrol, Ya might spill some on your interior....If its raining the inside of the car gets wet when your filling it up. Just a real waste of money really imo.

jamie gsi16v
29-04-05, 04:34 PM
didnt think it rained much in petrol stations with the big canapies they have?

NovaloadedAgain
29-04-05, 05:58 PM
Lol thats true. But what about when your on the putside pump & the rains got a gust of wind behind! Ah ha! Lol. But still would be cold inside if you got the door open for a few mins in the winter. Altogether not practical!

Nick
29-04-05, 06:48 PM
would look bloody good tho...

Fill your car up to the brim everytime..

having to do it once a week/ two weeks isn't exactly impracticle...

next you'l be saying you want paint that cleans itself, as it's impracticle to wash it

NovaloadedAgain
29-04-05, 06:55 PM
Lol- you know what I mean- Imagine spilling a little bit!

Matt2107
30-04-05, 12:28 PM
I was thinking about moving it to the boot and having the number plate as a flap with a filla cap underneath.

Dont think i can be arsed though

david dixon
30-04-05, 04:30 PM
my mate had a saloon with it in the back and it still stunk enerytime he put petrol in or went round a corner to fast.

leebo
30-04-05, 04:45 PM
mite consider doin it myself, i could stick the smell for the looks it gives ya

-=VanMan=-
01-05-05, 01:07 AM
Get a proper ally fuel cell inthe spare wheel well :!:

Donova
02-05-05, 09:03 PM
if you go up on t, moors they don,t av them canopys. apologies to anyone from yorkshire L.O.L :lol:

epo
02-05-05, 09:23 PM
speak to karl rowntree am sure he had this done

am also sure i read somewhere where a lad had this done to his car and the lasses who worked at the fuel station kept cutting off the pump as they thought he was spraying petrol all over his car :lol:

jamie gsi16v
02-05-05, 09:54 PM
cheers epo :wink:

Nick
02-05-05, 10:09 PM
speak to karl rowntree am sure he had this done

am also sure i read somewhere where a lad had this done to his car and the lasses who worked at the fuel station kept cutting off the pump as they thought he was spraying petrol all over his car :lol:

that's women for you........ :roll: :?