PDA

View Full Version : Drilling airbox

Spud
26-04-05, 05:27 PM
I've seen a few bits around about this lately and would like to know a bit more about it.

Stuart, I found a post you did a few years ago when I was having a trawl through the pages, now that you're older and possibly wiser, is there a good way to do it?

what size holes?
how many holes?
where do the holes go?

loggyboy
26-04-05, 05:32 PM
what car/model?

Nova-Flair
26-04-05, 05:37 PM
personally i wouldnt bother...........thats just my opinion tho.

Spud
26-04-05, 05:43 PM
Its an e reg 1.2 antibes, I'm working to my girlfriends orders on this one :roll:

Stuart
26-04-05, 05:51 PM
just tell her you did it and be done with it

loggyboy
26-04-05, 07:37 PM
u mite gain 2 bhp.... maybve a lil more (effectively doubling the current output!!!)

but serioulsy you wont notice ay performaxe gain.
You mite get a more throaty sound whern u rev it.

personally id look out for a 2nd K&N bolt on. looks better than the dustbin lid you have at the mo

General Baxter
26-04-05, 08:00 PM
u mite gain 2 bhp.... maybve a lil more (effectively doubling the current output!!!)

bahahahaahahahahahahahaha 'falls of chair' :lol:

Spud
26-04-05, 10:55 PM
Aren't the K&N range of filters absolute shite though? Drlling the airbox is a nice cheap option and produces a nice sound, I'm not after any performance gains, just wanna make it sound fast!

Stuart
27-04-05, 07:55 AM
WTF is the point in it "sounding fast" when it blatantly isnt lmao

just fit a new airfilter and be done with it. if you really want to try and make it noisy, just take the long intake tube off the airbox that will leave a nice big intake lol

sean_novasaloon
30-04-05, 07:36 PM
buy a K&N man, drilling is a total wase of time + you will get all sorts shit in your airbox that could potentially bypass the airfilter!