PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 Bumpers on a Mk2

jame5
26-04-05, 03:37 PM
Right Folks i aint been on for ages cos of computer probs, But a crashed my nova about a month ago lost it in the wet on a roundabout damaged done to rear quarter and axle but have a donor car for the axle n maybe the quarter.

I was going to keep the standard Mk2 rear bumper and put a Mk1 GTE front bumper on I was wonderin if its alot of work or better just gettin the GSi kit?

James

loggyboy
26-04-05, 03:45 PM
its no more work, just a matter of swapping rails/mounts etc

other than that its just the fact it will look odd, mk1s have a lil recess at
the top where the grill sits, mk2s grill is flat along th base so youl get a gap that wil look wrong
the stripes/ribs will look will out of place too

Jack
26-04-05, 03:56 PM
yup, afaik the bumper irons are slightly different. Aren't the side mounts slightly different too? Nothing a few mins with a drill can't fix tho :wink:

All the Mk1 bumpers on Mk2s i've seen look a little weird, as loggy said that grille recess on the bumper is there and doesn't look right. They also look too square for the front end IMO

jame5
26-04-05, 04:11 PM
cheers lads i will just the Gsi kit for it. I am going to put the nova of the road for the winter n try n put a 1.2 16v out of a corsa in it (due to insurance).

Has it been done before?

James

loggyboy
26-04-05, 05:28 PM
cheers lads i will just the Gsi kit for it. I am going to put the nova of the road for the winter n try n put a 1.2 16v out of a corsa in it (due to insurance).
Has it been done before?
James

not really as its pointless

any car with an engine change will count as modified, therefore be more expensive, even if they do judge it on the car the engine came out of.

better to stick a 1.4 sru lump in it. cheap to insure/tax etc.

whats the original lump?

Stuart
26-04-05, 05:58 PM
CP has a mk2 front end with a MK1 gte bumper on. it looks cool tbh.

but hey EVERY nova has to be a gte/gsi replica with MO's or alleisos on hey.