PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 SRi Turbo!!!!

helmie
25-04-05, 04:36 PM
Hi,
A few weeks ago, i thought of a perfect project. A 1.4 Turbo. Insured as a 1.4, faster than a 2.0L.

I started my project by getting the bits. I got my old banger nova (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1864) and slamed a Pug 205 Diesel turbo on. I took a lot of work, but i made the manifold etc. Its not finished yet, but by fuck is it fast!!!

david dixon
25-04-05, 06:05 PM
sounds good i wanted to try this but didnt get my fingers out, how about some engine pics mate?

Riggy
25-04-05, 06:24 PM
as said mate get some engine pics up and if its any good do a little guide incase anyone else wants to have a go :lol:

SRlew
25-04-05, 06:36 PM
sounds good mate, but yer try and do a little guide, cause i wouldnt mind doing somthing like this with my 1.4 SR or an SRI engine, i love turbos :D

Nick
25-04-05, 06:50 PM
Hi,
A few weeks ago, i thought of a perfect project. A 1.4 Turbo. Insured as a 1.4, faster than a 2.0L.

not it wont, it will be insured as a 1.4 turbo... :roll:

There's one up my way that's a 1.4 turbo, looks alrite. A guide and pics would be helpfull.

Jack
26-04-05, 08:52 AM
Hi,

not it wont, it will be insured as a 1.4 turbo... :roll:
lol K&N fair enough you could probably get away with that on insurance, but a blower.... hmm probably not :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
26-04-05, 10:36 AM
My Renault 5 gt turbo was very fast! 1.4 turbo all the way! Good luck & get a guide up here mate! would definately be interested in that.

Aragorn
26-04-05, 02:05 PM
i have a broken golf TD in the street just now and have been eyueballing its KKK14 turbo for something similar to this

however the TD engine is fucked and im thinking the turbo seals might just be a little knackered too so prolly not worth it,

think i might just pull the turbo off before it gets scrapped and see what pans out ;)

helmie
28-04-05, 06:52 PM
well, im gona insure it as a 1.4. Im jus puttin on 2.0l injectors and a cossie turbo fuel pump. The prob was after i did a burnoff and change to 2nd, the engine would die. So, even though the car is runny pretty good on the juice now (i thought it was gona guzzle it) im gona be goin through a tank in about 60 miles with the pump & injectorsn :( but, it will go even FASTER :lol:

Serialkilla
29-04-05, 01:21 AM
Yer mate you need a bigger fuel pressure regulator to go with the fuel pump and injectors.

I'm currently turboing my 1.6 engine out of an astramax van. Just had a plate made by a mate to fit the turbo to vauxhall manifold. Just gotta get my hands on a carb from a R5GTT and fuel pressure regulator.

How did you connect up the oil return pipe to the engine?

helmie
29-04-05, 11:34 PM
How did you connect up the oil return pipe to the engine?[/quote]

I just drilled a hole in the sump, and attached a return pipe. Lookin good.

Serialkilla
05-05-05, 04:41 AM
What size connectors did you use to connect the oil feed pipe from the turbo to the oil pump where the allen key bolt is.

or

did you take the oil feed from elsewhere?

old_skool
08-05-05, 12:31 PM
How did you overcome the oil feed problem, can u get some more pics, im wana do a project like dis one!

pazman
08-05-05, 01:16 PM
Sound good mate, keep it up :)
I was gonna do a mad one and try and put my ren 11 turbo engine in the nova but was too much work so i sold the renault to fund some stuff for the nova.

chall
08-05-05, 07:23 PM
i have a broken golf TD in the street just now and have been eyueballing its KKK14 turbo for something similar to this

however the TD engine is fucked and im thinking the turbo seals might just be a little knackered too so prolly not worth it,

think i might just pull the turbo off before it gets scrapped and see what pans out ;)

these turbos are part of the exhaust manifold bud., ive changed a few at my work. its a nice thot tho, it was on my mind too at one point!! hehe

Cr4iG
11-05-05, 08:37 AM
well this one came off the exhaust manifold.... so you must be thinking of a different engine. it wouldnt be very practical for a turbo manufacturer to produce a turbo+manifold combo for one engine now, would it?

burgo
11-05-05, 12:51 PM
well this one came off the exhaust manifold.... so you must be thinking of a different engine. it wouldnt be very practical for a turbo manufacturer to produce a turbo+manifold combo for one engine now, would it?best tell gm that then and somebody else cant remember at the moment though

Stuart
11-05-05, 01:19 PM
the car maker makes the minfold and the turbo supplier just supplies a turbo with no exhaust housint as thats part of the manifold. therefore its not a "bad" thing. plus it stops people nicking the turbos for other applications lol