PDA

View Full Version : the term "CHAV"

Jos
25-04-05, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know where the term originated from?

It came from a police shortening, for Council House Aggressive Violence....which suits the scum to a tea.

having said that, I cannot 'confirm' that, and there are most likely loads of rumours about what it stands for.

Who cares? They are scum...

PS - I've always been rather confused over this :? perhaps I've been living in a hole for the last 20years, but what does TWOC'ers mean/stand for :?

-tucny-
25-04-05, 02:18 PM
u could be right with that one - makes sense.

by the way 'twocer' stands for taking without owners concent

marsh_man
25-04-05, 04:13 PM
i think its a london term used for many things.

such as:

a tramp

or someone that likes to wear burberry hat, footy shirt, etc every day!

and many more.

Jack
25-04-05, 04:36 PM
...Such as this (http://chavscum.co.uk/4images/data/media/16/Clio_chav.jpg) fine young fellow

Phil_G
25-04-05, 06:08 PM
The term Chav derived from the Chatham area of Kent. It was used as an insult/term of endearment when i lived down there ten years ago..

Phil

Nick
25-04-05, 07:04 PM
or alternativly they called tramps around the north east, chavvy's.

i think it's had so many meanings.

there was a chat show on CH4 the other weekend, and the debate was "should the term chav be banned"

everyone was going on about how it is racist against "people with low incomes, the lowest of society, who havn't had oppertunity like middle clas people"

tbh, it's a load of shit, it really categorises stupid twatish kids with no respect who are a waste of space, they don't contribute to the community or society and go around being little arseholes allday.

let's face it, kids like that should be deported to the sea lol

Spud
25-04-05, 10:22 PM
CHAV = CHatham AVerage

marsh_man
25-04-05, 10:42 PM
LOL should it be banned?

No way!

Its just as offensive as saying "Haha your lower class".

Its just not as posh :)

hendrix
25-04-05, 11:12 PM
didnt it come from the word charver used in newcastle??