PDA

View Full Version : Full system exhaust

Jos
25-04-05, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a stainless steel full system exhaust, but does anybody have any information on what to look for?

Any recommendations?
Any manufactures I should stay away from?

websites (and/or prices if you know them) would be appreciated

thanks all! :D

Ben
25-04-05, 01:27 PM
Powerflow are awful, Longlife are good, depends what part of the country you are in JP exhausts have a great reputation, also depends on budget.

Jos
25-04-05, 01:35 PM
ok thanks.

I've been told that the 1.0 and 1.2 floor pans are completely different to the other engine sizes (I've only just come onto the Nova scene) and many manufactures have discontinued the exhaust systems for these.

I was planning on doing an engine conversion sooner or later, to a 1.6, as money is not *much* of a problem (living at home with a decent wage is a good send!)

I'd prefer not to buy a another Nova, and work on that to track-racing standards, but is the 1.0 shell strong enough? Even with strengthing?

Jos
25-04-05, 01:39 PM
PS - why would it matter on what part of the country I'm in? Live in midlands Derby/Notts, but just curious?

Jim
25-04-05, 02:01 PM
PS - why would it matter on what part of the country I'm in? Live in midlands Derby/Notts, but just curious?

Because you may have to take the car to the place. JP are based in Macclesfield (about an hours drive from you) and will build you a top quality system to your specifications, but at a price.

Jim

Jos
25-04-05, 02:07 PM
Because you may have to take the car to the place. JP are based in Macclesfield (about an hours drive from you) and will build you a top quality system to your specifications, but at a price.

Jim

ok, but if the 1.0 and 1.2 had different layouts, I assume when I eventually buy a bigger engined nova the exhaust will no longer fit?

Perhaps I should give them a call instead of bugging you guys? :lol:

Stuart
25-04-05, 02:18 PM
what engine have you got?

and are you after a stainless manifold for it too? if its for a 1.0 then seriously dont bother!

not sure how the 1.0 ehxuast is layed out compared to the 1.2 and up but there are a few variations in the setup.

Jos
25-04-05, 02:27 PM
currently a 1.0 :lol: :lol: as thats all I could afford insurance wise when I bought it.

Although I am planning on a full rebuild

snapper
25-04-05, 07:38 PM
Powerflow exhausts are only as good as the monkey that makes it and puts it on your car! I'd go for either Janspeed or Mongoose.

Spud
25-04-05, 10:18 PM
1.0 manifolds, come from the rear of the engine and down to the pipe whereas the other engines have the manifold from the front of the engine and the pipe goes under the engine, i think, unless i got them muddled up

Aragorn
25-04-05, 11:37 PM
dont waste money on a system for a 1.0 as its not gonna fit any larger engine and would have to be made of a small bore which would be restrictive on a larger lump in the future

just buy a backbox off the shelf and stick that on, all nova backboxes fit all models so pick the one u like and it will go on

jonny_mcc
26-04-05, 10:57 AM
Personally, i would say go for a custom exhaust. Zaust done mine and i am over the moon with it! Any tailpipe u want and they got the sound perfect to what i asked for. Cost = ?300 from the manifold back. (not including the manifold but took out the cat.)

Aragorn
26-04-05, 01:46 PM
wtf is the point paying ?300 on an exhaust for a shit 1.0?

if thats all he can afford insurance wise then spend the ?300 on something else like wheels or interior or whatever and get a cheap backbox off ebay

no point getting a custom system made as your gonna have to set a silly small bore and the system wont fit any the larger engines due to the 1.0's non crossflow head

when u can afford a bigger engine the plonk and then look at buying a decent system

if it was my money i'd spend the cash on a decent set of rims or fitting higher models interior or fitting gsi kit or somthing or even save it for engine transplant in a few months time, perhaps even buy a 1.4 from breakers and set about rebuilding it with the ?300 it should just about be possible