PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Daily water consumption..

Nick
24-04-05, 10:29 PM
Recently i decided to try and drink the recommended water intake (something like 8 pints) and see if it works..

personally i though it was a load of tosh, but i can't believe how much better it makes you feel..

try it out , it's really rather good !

Philsutton
24-04-05, 10:36 PM
you'll spend most the day standing at the toilet pissing it out

Nick
24-04-05, 10:39 PM
that is the only downside... i don't think i manage 8 pints or whatever it is...

it's like taking pro-plus, you can just stay awake for ever ! i hope this is water i have been drinking.... :|

srs1
24-04-05, 10:44 PM
i drink lots of fluids, but usually get a hangover.
on a serious note, i dont eat the fat out of meat. eat fruits (plums) regularly and have salads for lunch in work.
think i am ok.

just wish i didn't eat soooo much junk food after the pub.
lmao

Jack
24-04-05, 11:08 PM
I drink a lot of water and usually just eat fruit when i'm at work.... its when i get back home that it all goes out the window :lol:

Dunno if i could manage 8 pints a day tho! Does that include liqiuds within food, or just pure water?

Jules
24-04-05, 11:29 PM
Minimum is 2 litres.
I HAVE to drink that as I've been to hospital twice in the last 3 years with kidney stones - and it's not easy to drink that amount of water (particually through the winter months) but I'd much rather have a pee or two a day extra than go through kidney stones again!!
:?

-tucny-
25-04-05, 08:55 AM
i drink loads of the stuff, its all i usually drink. i seem to hold in the p**s though but when i do go its like someones left the tap on for a good five minutes.

only good thing my body gets as iv got a soft spot for maccys, kfc, pizzahut, burger king and anything else thats not right good for you!

marsh_man
25-04-05, 09:50 AM
Yes, its something like 8 glasses :)

But, I dont usually drink even that much in a day LOL!

I will give it a try!

/runs to sink and downs 8 glasses of water! :)

Dar
25-04-05, 04:28 PM
Funny how this thread has made me go and get a pint of water :?

Found this though http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20020711213420data_trunc_sys.shtml

and I think its 8 glasses which is 4 pints.

Alex
25-04-05, 05:07 PM
water is very important. Most people in tis country are dehydrated and it is proved that over half of all illnesses can be avoided/lessened by drinking the Recommended daily allowance. One downside is that you spend all your time on the bog though (but skiving work!!!).

I think it is 4 pints of water (not including tea, coffee etc).

marsh_man
25-04-05, 05:09 PM
does anyone know whether this includes squash?

for example... diluted orange ?

Jack
25-04-05, 05:20 PM
One downside is that you spend all your time on the bog though (but skiving work!!!).
Thats not a downside, especially at work... I figured in three months when I was at the council I cost them something like ?400 either pissing or dropping a log lol

Matt Nova
25-04-05, 05:49 PM
I drink loads of water at work as we've a big cooler feel alot better for drinking it but don't think i drink 2 litres though

Nick
25-04-05, 06:58 PM
as alex said, it undoubtably makes you feel about 50% better, improves your imune system.

Lmao @ jack, i allways think about the fact that i'm being paid for having a dump.

Nick
25-04-05, 06:59 PM

yes it probably does, although no doubt, the squash will contain something that de-hydrates you...

tea and coffee de-hydrate you so really if your a big coffee fan, then you have to drink even more.

Alex
25-04-05, 07:03 PM
/\/\ lol no matter how much/tea coffee you drink it doesn't count. Along the same lines why beer doesn't count, even though it is 95% water.

Jules
25-04-05, 08:58 PM

I was advised to drink diluted orange or lemon if possible as the acidity helps break up the calcuim that causes my kidney stones - basically Alex is right when he says the majority of the country is de-hydrated, you can tell just how de-hydrated you are by the colour of your urine, the darker it is the more de-hydrated you are, the lighter / clearer it is the more diluted it (the urine) is and the less chance that you'll get blockages in your kidneys.

So drink lots of water and keep your pee crystal clear - cos trust me you don't want kidney stones as they hurt like hell!!!
:evil:

Nick
25-04-05, 09:05 PM
/\/\ lol no matter how much/tea coffee you drink it doesn't count. Along the same lines why beer doesn't count, even though it is 95% water.

sorry, i meant if your a coffee fan, you'l have to drink even more water to compensate for the dehydration you occur during drinking your coffee.

kidney stones sound very painfull.. which are the stones that sometimes come out when passing water ? are they formed in the bladder, or is it kidneys ?

Jules
25-04-05, 09:10 PM

sorry, i meant if your a coffee fan, you'l have to drink even more water to compensate for the dehydration you occur during drinking your coffee.

kidney stones sound very painfull.. which are the stones that sometimes come out when passing water ? are they formed in the bladder, or is it kidneys ?

Normally in the kidney but as they're small enough to pass through your tubes and out of your old fella then they don't hurt too much - it's when they get bigger and can't get out of the kidney and cause a blockage that it hit's the fan!!
Also another tip is to not drink before you go to bed (or the water will stagnate in your kidneys overnight) and to also have a big glass of water first thing in the morning to flush out your kidneys from the nigth before.

Alex
25-04-05, 10:24 PM
also if you have a big glass of water before bed, you may wake up in a puddle

marsh_man
25-04-05, 10:45 PM
oh ok thanks nick.

But on a hot day it is said that if you drink tea or any other hot drink, it will cool down your body!

I dont know how but it is scientifically proven!

Jules
25-04-05, 11:36 PM
oh ok thanks nick.

But on a hot day it is said that if you drink tea or any other hot drink, it will cool down your body!

I dont know how but it is scientifically proven!

It's because if on a hot day you drink a cold drink you lower your body's tempertaure, which initially feels good, but then your body works to get back up to temperature, where as with a hot drink on a hot day you don't have your body doing any work so although it doesn't cool you down it doesn't have to work neither.

marsh_man
25-04-05, 11:42 PM
yeah thought it was something like that :)

i was told by my mum lol!

but for some reason, even though we know this - how many people are actually caught drinking a hot drink on a hot day? LOL!

:D

Alex
26-04-05, 08:18 AM
Whe I was in Egypt in 45 C heat you would have got seriously ill if you come in from that heat and had a cold drink. Your body would go into shock.

marsh_man
26-04-05, 02:30 PM
wow. thats just mad.

because a lot of people would expect just to reach for the fridge after that heat and grab a can of coke or something!

so, did you have to drink hot drinks ?

Alex
26-04-05, 05:02 PM
some dodgy hot spice tea. Nasty! Only when you had been out in the heat for a while. Most of the time it was cold drinks and beer! (at about ?3 a pint!!!!)

flowlikewater
28-04-05, 12:14 PM
ive been doing 6 pints a day (water) and have been finding it hard to drink any more! its quite difficult to explain to others why you spend an hour in the toilet after a long lecture!

does make you feel healthy though!

Alex
28-04-05, 07:31 PM
get a piss sack

Stuart
28-04-05, 07:49 PM
i just eat powdered water. its much easier to get your daily recomended ammount that way. less peeing too

my pee smells of salami a lot of the time lmao and its usually dark. so basically im V un healthy lol

Fester
28-04-05, 09:12 PM
the average glass of London tap-water is drunk six times over.

Enjoy!

burgo
28-04-05, 09:26 PM
lol cheers for that fester. i would probably drink more water if it wasn't so boring, the spring water in the dispenser at work tastes horrible

Alex
28-04-05, 09:28 PM
Spring water is one of the best tasting drinks ever. Go down the gym and after a proper workout water will taste better than anything else.

If i lived in london i wouldn't drink tap water

Jules
28-04-05, 09:34 PM
I only drink mineral or filtered water - I've got a Britta water filter as I won't drink from the tap, partly because I live in a hard water area and hard water isn't good for my kidneys and secondly because of all the chemicals and calcium that get's added to our water now-a-days (calcium is basically what kindey stones are made of).

Alex
28-04-05, 09:59 PM
we have an inbuilt water filter into our tap. forwards for naormal ater (e.g. washing up water) back for filtered water

Stuart
28-04-05, 10:21 PM
i fail to see how a filter cartridge such as the brita, can pull calciium out of water since its so well held in solution. ie if you get the water hot the calcium will come out of solution.

jsut my 2 pence lol

i love the hard water, its got a certain bite to it :o) but then again the nice soft water in cornwall was V nice too.

Alex
28-04-05, 10:24 PM
i don't live anywhere near there but you cant beat yorkshire water

Jack
28-04-05, 11:47 PM
My cat prefers rainwater :o

marsh_man
29-04-05, 12:09 AM
My cat prefers rainwater :o

LMAO!

I just drink either the water in my Brita Filter or just straight from my good ol' london tap :)