PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox and Limewire 4.8.1 question.......

smithy87
24-04-05, 09:03 PM
Ive jus got Firefox and and Limewire installed on my machine! Firefox is incredible...............!

BUT...........

Limewire isnt working! Ive reinstalled it countless times and still nothing! My theory is that it may not work because I still have Kazaa Lite installed, and the programs are clashing in some way?

ANYWAY........

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers 8)

Nick
24-04-05, 09:47 PM
limewire works fine on my mozilla..

get rid of Kazaa, it's the mother of all slowdowns, and it infects your comp with countless amounts of spyware

Alex
24-04-05, 09:54 PM
I have had Kazza lite for a couple of years and have never had any spyware. You only download what you select, and if you select to download spyware, you get it. If you don't download it, you dont get it. Simple. A bad workman always blames his tools.

Nick
24-04-05, 10:27 PM
well when i first ran microsoft anti-spyware there were tons of spyware files/reg keys e.t.c

and the description it gave for most of them was "this is a known threat that comes bundled with kazaa software"

infact there's still some on here that i can't get rid off, comes up every time

Jack
24-04-05, 11:07 PM
Kazaa Lite, not Kazaa. Its the cut down no-spyware/adware version, so as Alex said, the only crap you'll get with it is what you download yourself.

Smithy, are you behind a router or firewall? You might need to change some settings in either or both of those.

Spud
24-04-05, 11:08 PM
mine did that aswell, running firefox and limewire, then limewire stopped and wouldnt load, and wouldnt install new versions either

Nick
25-04-05, 07:06 PM
Kazaa Lite, not Kazaa. .

i see.. said the blindman.

Stuart
25-04-05, 08:03 PM
just bunged limewire on, feck im impressed. 3 tunes that are "hard to find" in less than 10 mins lol

me likey velly much

time for a new HDD lol

epo
25-04-05, 10:23 PM
some one bung us a link up for limewire please

smithy87
25-04-05, 10:45 PM
some one bung us a link up for limewire please

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml

There you go mate.

Still no luck with it working though, ive done what Razorjack suggested and tried opening it with different firewall settings but nothing!

Its really p*ssing me off now cos everyone is saying how good it is and I cant use it :evil:

Any more suggestions :?

Cheers 8)

epo
25-04-05, 11:08 PM
nice one ta

ps hope u sort it :wink:

epo
26-04-05, 10:46 AM
limewires really good it works fine for me and am running firefox
only thing is it cant find dezign happiness same as winmx
altho i am getting that ne compalation maximum bass off so its very good as winmx couldnt find that