PDA

View Full Version : front speakers

Anonymous
08-04-01, 01:45 AM
hi ive got a pair of jbl 6x9s on the back shelf and no other speakers in my nova. i was running the front speakers in the dash board but they r not up to much. how easy are they to replace (bearing in mind ive got four screws left to take the dash off). and what am i looking to replace them with?

Anonymous
08-04-01, 01:58 AM
Mark 1 or 2 nova? Not really that hard, In a mark one get the glove box out for the passenger side. For the driver side i got a long screw driver and managed to get it out easily but getting it in was ust trial and error. But i am sure there is going to be an easier way than thatm, amybe try taking out your clocks and see if you can get to it.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
08-04-01, 05:36 PM
I got some Kenwood KFC-1066 up front in my dash,they sound mint,however you want the head unit biased to rear tho,trust me ;) no matter what speakers are up front.These kenwoods should be ?30 from halfords,not sure about anywhere else tho, I managed to get unboxed ones from halfords for ?16!-u wanna try www.bass-junkies.com too

Anonymous
09-04-01, 02:31 AM
If u keep it biased to the rear enough then even the standard speakers are ok, although i swapped mine for kenwoods.

Anonymous
09-04-01, 11:23 PM
It took me about 2 hours to change the front speakers, but because i have it has made the world of difference :)

I put some jbl 4" in there and they are spot on. Fitting them just do exactly what - paulrobo - said!!