PDA

View Full Version : Antibes

Spud
23-04-05, 05:31 PM
Anyone got any technical info on a mk1 1.2 nova antibes (e reg).
Also, did they come with 6 dial clocks as standard?
thanks

david dixon
23-04-05, 06:08 PM
i'm sure they didn't come with 6 dial clocks that was the gte/gsi but my mate had a blue one and it had blue carpets and seat belts to match the seats! thay were just your average 1.2 but with some extras. :D

Adam
23-04-05, 06:09 PM
They have a rear spoiler, GTE type iirc.
Don't know much else about them :lol:

Spud
23-04-05, 06:38 PM
Yeah i found some bits about it in the haynes book, its basically a 1.2 merit with a 5 speed box, sunroof and gte style spoiler.The one im about to pick up has 6 dial clocks though???? Anyone got any performance figures for one?

david dixon
23-04-05, 06:57 PM
probably the same as the other 1.2's, sounds like someone has fitted those clocks sometime or other.

mikey14sr
23-04-05, 07:57 PM
I think they did come with the six dial clocks, but the oil pressure and battery gauges weren't fitted? Theres a white c reg one in hull that I first saw about four years ago, see it almost every week now, I'll have to stop one day and have a good look at it, looks like a sport without the sticker set!

epo
23-04-05, 09:17 PM
they also came with cool coloured carpet

Spud
23-04-05, 10:48 PM
Yeah, this ones got bright red carpet. Its for the girlfriend to learn in but somehow i think shes gonna be getting the 1.0l and im gonna have me some fun with this one, I can start doing some engine work on this one!!

Stuart
24-04-05, 02:37 PM
the antibies is just your regular 1.2 performance wise (although it may be a tad slower on acceleration due to the slab of glass in the roof lol)

i have an antibies shell, but hey ho i cba keeping it plain white and getting all the decals for it ;) and the spoiler has gone too (its far too heavy)

Spud
25-04-05, 12:42 AM
I'm gonna try keep it as standard as I can, its staying as a mk1 deffo. Just gonna do some engine work on it and polish it a lot. Only cost 25 quid! I was looking at it for the spoiler and some spare screws originally, but then changed my mind and got it for the gf to learn in. Insurance is cheaper for the antibes with me (1 claim last year) and the gf (learner) than it is for me and my dad (no claims and clean licence over 25 years) on the 1.0l trip, both with elephant!