PDA

View Full Version : it must be.........?

alxlaw
23-04-05, 02:21 PM
ok iv had it with my farty 1.0 at the mo, it starts but only after a scream and a shout, basicaly, when i come to start the beast, it sounds like the battarys really low(you know the sound like a train grounding to a holt) but after that it purrs like a pussy?

any way i thaut it was the battary as you do, so like a numptey i replaced it, same problem reacurred!, so i decided that there was a short somewhere had all the wireing out on the floor - no u guessd it not that either,

SO after all this friggin about iv decided the alternators shagged, so i went to go buy a new one from good old halfords.....?91!!!!!! WTF!, its just a big electric motor in reverse?, how is it worth 91 quid!

anyway iv been trawling the net for prices and i cant find s**t for a nova 1.0, so if anyone out ther knows a place or has one in manchester gimmi a ring on 07800524039... coz this is crazy,

another thing are there significnt differences between a 1.0 alternators and other alternators? if so let us know thx guys

Jack
23-04-05, 02:26 PM
I've got a spare GTE alternator for sale.

afaik it should fit, but if someone else could confirm....?

epo
23-04-05, 03:46 PM
am pretty sure even one from a cav will fit as some people use cav td battery and alternators when fitting big stereo systems in their cars

Spud
23-04-05, 04:24 PM
I tried this, using one out of a 1.2 and the connections were different i think. Might be the difference between mk1 and mk2 though

alxlaw
24-04-05, 01:01 PM
well good advice guyz thx, but i baut one from halfords last night for 65 part ex, works fine now yey....