PDA

View Full Version : interferance!!!!!!!!!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZ

Anonymous
28-03-01, 12:00 AM
When im driving my car i hear a buzzing through the speakers which gets higher pitched as i go faster. I was told that is was because my remote wire was running next to the live wire so i put the remote over the other side with the rca(phono) leads. So on one side i have live and on the other the rca leads and the remote wire. Could someone please clear this up and tell me what to do!!!!!!

Anonymous
28-03-01, 12:59 AM
WHAT SYSTEMS YOU GOT.(ANY AMPS, IF SO HOW MENY)

Anonymous
28-03-01, 01:27 AM
Sometimes the head unit fails and this causes the interference. I just wired my birds stereo back in. When the system was in there in the first place, it was fine, but once re-wired, it gave loadsa interference, so I swapped head units with mine, and bye bye interference. This is actually quite common, and I think it comes around if speaker wires come into contact with each other. If you`ve tried all of the obvious ones like RCA`s away from power cables, and good earths, check this out. Borrow a mates head unit or sumint. Also I think Pioneers are quite prone to this.

\_____
/__|__\_
|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
28-03-01, 01:37 AM
check all ur speaker wires. mine does it occasionally but i pass it off as me turbo winding up lol!!!

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
28-03-01, 08:44 AM
Your remote wire carries a live so it would be better of with your power leads. I would say (99%) that it is your head unit. What normally causes this is when the RCA (phono) outputs short some how. I think its just a resistor that has blown. i got mine fixed for a tenner!

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
28-03-01, 10:29 AM
its from the alternator. you can get a supressor which will stop a lot of it. and you should also make sure ALL your grounds (earth) are in perfect order. also connect a wire to the body of your headuni and then connect the other end to the body of the car.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-03-01, 01:09 PM
I had this problem and I did exactly what Cambridge has said. It cured the problem, no more buzzing!!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
28-03-01, 01:32 PM
Yep, but if the head unit is sound, it should supress interference anyway, so no need for a seperate supressor. You shouldnt have interference probs with good modern head units aslong as the rest of your wiring and earths are spot on.

\_____
/__|__\_
|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
28-03-01, 03:08 PM
the alternator is notorious for causing interference EVEN in modern head units and EVEN in the top dogs dangelys ones!!! :p dont supress it too much coz it will cause a low resistance path and the alternator will slow your car down hee hee

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-03-01, 08:01 PM
I`ve never had a problem with my pioneer, apart from someone with no key rooting round my car to find the pop off front! (god bless rfp alert!)