PDA

View Full Version : Boot Removal

novaco
22-04-05, 07:06 PM
i want to flush my bot this weekend but i want to remove it first!

how hard is this and what will i need??

Wat do you have to do i.e remove bolts and how many????

thanks for any help!

novamadcars
22-04-05, 07:20 PM
hi mate all it is held on by is 2 bolts all you have 2 do is tap then out and alakazam ya boots off

novaco
22-04-05, 08:05 PM
cheers m8!!!

is there not any wires you have to disconect?

dan-hipgrave
22-04-05, 09:13 PM
yeh there are, ones for the wiper motor and also the wires for the rear screen wash need to be unplugged.

oh and heated rear screen wires, all should be easily unplugged though..

novaco
22-04-05, 09:16 PM
cheers!!

so roughly how much time will this take??

are they heavy??

and will i be able to do it on my own or is it best if there is two ppl??

dan-hipgrave
22-04-05, 09:19 PM
Well ive never done it before, but planning on doing it myself tommorrow as well..i reckon its prolly best with 2 people as one person can support it while you tap out the hinges. Shouldnt be too long a job, but like i said ive not done it before..

novaco
22-04-05, 09:21 PM
lol
cheers anyway

can i jst ask is tht blue nova urs??

dan-hipgrave
22-04-05, 09:22 PM
yes it is mate, or was lol..im breaking it for parts and it wont be long now till it goes to the scrappy :(

novaco
22-04-05, 09:24 PM
wat you got left m8???

might take sumfin off ur hands if ur interested??

ade
23-04-05, 10:19 AM
careful when removing the boot because the wires for the rear heater screen and wiper run inside the boot and once you pull them out theyre a basturd to rethread! You need to make sure you dont trap the connctors

Also, remember the squirty hose! Thats a bugger in itself the reattach because there isnt that much of it in there and it can be vvv fiddly!

When fitting back on, you need to rethread the wires - the best way to do this is to attach a long piece of wire and insert it into the hole for the heated screen, thread it up so it comes out of the hole at the top and attach it to the relevant wire using electrical tape. then repeat the process for the wiper mortor using a longer bit of wire (modellers armature wire is perfect for this or a v big unwound coat hanger. You have to push this wire starting from the top hole and pushing down the left side (as you look at it) so it comes out the bottom. Attach the top to the wiper wire and then gently feed both wires through their holes.

Saves HOURS trying to wiggle bendy wires about!

Ade
:wink:

Matt Nova
23-04-05, 04:55 PM
its not that hard mate took me and a mate bout 5 mins to take my boot off my old 1.2

novaco
23-04-05, 05:54 PM
well done!!! lol

the boot is now off cheers for all the help!!!!!

Matt Nova
23-04-05, 06:53 PM
you flushing it yourself then mate?

novaco
24-04-05, 08:37 PM
yea!!!!

i did it 2day and it was very successful!!!

ade
25-04-05, 11:24 PM
how?

Weld a plate, boot panel, fibreglass?

pics?

novaco
26-04-05, 05:04 PM
i welded a plate in m8 then skimed over it with filler jst like they do in the haynes max power book!!! :lol:

aint got no pics @ the min m8 will try to get sum tho! :!: