PDA

View Full Version : custom/mixed to order paint

benji
21-04-05, 10:11 PM
i am spraying my car soon and have chosen the new colour, but it's not a car colour. can i go to a paint shop and ask them to mix me a colour from a sample that same way as B+Q can do with the dulux?

the only sample i have is a t-shirt, random but true. anyone know of anywhere in derby/notts or the midlands area that can do this.

cheers

ben.

scott.parker
21-04-05, 10:16 PM
Nice idea mate,humm though about asking karl,as he might have a contact in the mids area.

Scott

Dar
21-04-05, 10:50 PM
You could go to a place that mixes paints (we have a place down our way) and ask them to match it up.

Dave
21-04-05, 11:20 PM
ben see if you can look up somewhere on t'internet factory paint codes and try to fing one that is a match for your t-shirt,
if you can most bodyshops can easily mix it to that colour as they can get the paint codes they need to mix to make it

5_door owner
21-04-05, 11:59 PM
just get to a local auto paint/ bodyshop suppliers ,then ask to see the paint cards, for whatever colour it is you've got . then go through all the shades untill you find a match and they'll mix it up for you

burgo
22-04-05, 12:25 AM
get a pic of the t-shirt and ill see what daz at work recons

benji
22-04-05, 06:53 AM
the colour is a secret. i don't want anyone talking me out of it

Stuart
22-04-05, 07:58 AM
just look on yell or what ever for local bodyshops :p lol

i bet its some iffy green or an even iffier shade of pinky red hee hee

boredbloke
22-04-05, 08:46 AM
I bet it's something like bogey green or poo brown then innit???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nathan.
22-04-05, 05:52 PM
Ben, go to a place called JKW paint supplies in alfreton. Top notch bloke. Im sure he could help you out. thats where i get all my paint from. He will be able to match for you aswell.

Im also pretty sure theres a paint suppliers on osmaston road (corner of shaftsbury street) in derby. unsure on the name.

JKW Refinishing Supplies Ltd
Unit 2c, Monk Rd Ind Est, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7RL
Tel: 01773 830078

Hope this helps

benji
22-04-05, 09:38 PM
Ben, go to a place called JKW paint supplies in alfreton. Top notch bloke. Im sure he could help you out. thats where i get all my paint from. He will be able to match for you aswell.

Im also pretty sure theres a paint suppliers on osmaston road (corner of shaftsbury street) in derby. unsure on the name.

JKW Refinishing Supplies Ltd
Unit 2c, Monk Rd Ind Est, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7RL
Tel: 01773 830078

Hope this helps

i've sorted it now. i'm going to morleys (the place on shaftsbury st)

i also ordered some new rear 1/4s today as the sel imperial ones are crap, the new ones are genuine vauxhall items from a company called Vauxhall Heritage Services. 0121 522 6681. they were ?10 for the pair, thats including vat and delivery. sel were ?120 for crappy pattern parts.

nathan.
22-04-05, 11:19 PM
Cool. Let me know if you need a hand doing anything.