View Full Version : will it fit?

markiemark
21-04-05, 09:08 PM
i have a mk1 nova with the same front bumper as this car here

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2373

if i put a gte grille on,will it fit ok?? :oops:

dan-hipgrave
21-04-05, 10:13 PM
yep sure will check out www.topbuzz.co.uk for a guide on fitting a mk2 bumper to a mk1 :D

ade
21-04-05, 11:50 PM
no - he means can he fit the mk1 GTE grill onto the mk2 bumper which hes attached to the mk1 Nova!?

(i think)

ref pm mate - because of the dip in the mk1 bumper I dont think the mk1 grill will fit because the mk2 bumper doesnt have the dip. It will sit the same height as the mk1 one (ie directly under the lights) because the little legs from the mk2 grill usually cover the gap under the lights on the mk2.

Like I said - you'll need to test it...dont spray until though - save some cash...

Ade
:wink:

dan-hipgrave
22-04-05, 01:13 PM
no - he means can he fit the mk1 GTE grill onto the mk2 bumper which hes attached to the mk1 Nova!?

Yes that is what he means, and is essentially what the guide in the link I posted shows you how to do, apparently even though there is no gap in the bumper for the grille, it still fits ok mate..

Jack
22-04-05, 03:21 PM
It will fit but from what I've seen of cars with this setup I think the grille sits a little far forward on the bottom... its not a great fit as the mk2 bumper doesn't have the slight dent in the middle for the grille to sit in (as the Mk1 does)

markiemark
22-04-05, 09:10 PM
Ok thanks guys,appreciate the feedback,i will let you know how i get on over the weekend to tell you if it fit ok or not... fingers crossed :P

markiemark
23-04-05, 01:00 PM
IT dont fit :cry: but im now after a SR / GTE front bumper.

if anyone wants a STANDARD mk2 front bumper painted BLACK please pm me im selling it,good condition, and only ?10.00