PDA

View Full Version : Rear belts

Nova_Tek
21-04-05, 08:03 PM
Im looking to fit rear seat belts for the left and right of the rear seats but no lap belt.

I have stripped my rear cards taken out the seats to have a look see where everything would go.

To be honest nothing stands out and says "put seat belt reel here" I just cant tell.

The car is MK1 1.2 obviously not fitted with belts in the rear but the seats have the seat belt clip on them so Im assuming you can.

Could somebody point out the exact areas the reels will go and all the other seat belt components.

Pics would be very helpfull if possible.

Thanx in advance

mowgli
21-04-05, 09:29 PM
go to a scrappy to get all of the bits & strip them out of the car yourself

Nova_Tek
21-04-05, 10:11 PM
I have got all the bits I need, all the equipment but I cant locate where the reel would go etc.

wanted someone to be able to describe where the belts would bolt to etc

paulwar
21-04-05, 10:13 PM
The seat belt roll thing sits behind the rear seats where the arch is. The 1.2 has seatbelts fitted by default. I can take a look in the morning when i go out to finish the engine rebuild and let you know where they are

Nova_Tek
21-04-05, 10:17 PM
ahh... Mate that would be top if you could have a look for me. And if poss pics of it would be even more appreciated.

Would like to know where the reels bolt to and where the belt lock thingy (you know when passengers put their seat belts on and lock the belt) bolts into under the seat.

Mine is a C reg and didnt come with them as standard.

Many many thanx paulwar

Much appreciated

joff-turbo-nova
03-05-05, 10:02 PM
Here's a pic where the rear iniertia reel bolts to....

http://www.elsamak.karoo.net/rearbelt1a.jpg

Its in the same place on both sides .... hope this helps

Joff

Nova_Tek
06-05-05, 06:54 PM
nice one mate!

SRlew
06-05-05, 08:31 PM
well seeing as some novas came without rear belts, im just woundering if i was to put my rear seats back in could i leave the seat belts out?? :?