PDA

View Full Version : boot release

Ste L
21-04-05, 04:55 PM
at the moment, i got my boot release running of the wiper stalk, using the wire for the rear wiper
what i want to do is, chop the wire from the stalk and wire it to a switch.

would i be right in saying if i connect the wire to the switch, i would need to connect a live to the other end of the switch

cheers
steve

david dixon
21-04-05, 05:28 PM
there should be a wire from the fuse box to the stalk and one from the stalk to the wiper.

novaexplod
21-04-05, 06:26 PM
i did this last week, all i did was took off the sill cover (passenger side) n found the permanent live (old wiper permanent) nearer to the front of the car, cut it , then wired 2 wires (one from each part of the wire i cut) under the dash and to the switch. only took 5 mins.

Ste L
21-04-05, 11:03 PM
eerr i got the relay running of the perminant live to the rear wiper, so i don't think that one will work for me

novaco
22-04-05, 04:19 PM
i am having the exact same problem i would also know how to do it!! lol

novaexplod
24-04-05, 02:27 PM
ive got the relay runnin off the permanent 2?? the black and purple wire?

Ste L
25-04-05, 08:48 AM
how have you wired the relay up then?

novaexplod
25-04-05, 05:27 PM
blue off the relay is ground to the boot lid, and the green wire (from relay) goes to the permanent live, u then cut the live wire nearer to the front of the car so u dont have to put a new wire in thru the boot lid. link a wire to each end of your cut permanent live wire and these 2 wires go to ur switch.