PDA

View Full Version : Headunit fittin

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:58 PM
Okay I know fuck all about ICE.I need to fit my sony flip down front headunit wth the tape player(hope thats enough of a description)The din plug needs re-wired into the wires from the car and I dinae ken how.any hints ie which wire to where.From there i can hook up the amp mand stuff I just don't want to blow up my headunit by wirin it up wrong!!
Ta Fraz :D

Pink Handbags---Twenty paces! :-)

Anonymous
21-03-01, 11:41 AM
you should have a mini loom from sony with your head unit
firstly you have to swap the red and yellow leads over, there should be connectors in the wires
already. As for the amp, run a power supply direct from the battery
with a inline fuse somewhere handy. then you run the remote lead from the hadunit
to the amp. (should be blue). And also run the RCA (phono) cables from the headunit to the amp
and power it all up and set it up and then you have yer self an ice install!!
If you get 6x9's (or 7x10's) then run them off the haedunit!!! not the/an amp

hope this helped

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
21-03-01, 06:08 PM
The red and yellow wires go into one from the headunit and go into the plug as a yellow wif red strip wire.I can see how the amp works it's just the fitment of the wires to the wires in the car.the guy before me riopped the old plug off the wires in hte car and I need t connect it up somehow.The other half of the plug is there wif tons of wires in it but i don't see how he wires in the unconnected plug wire up to the wires in hte car.(understand that??)
Thanx Fraz

Pink Handbags---Twenty paces! :-)