PDA

View Full Version : tuning a 1.3sr

probert_nova
21-04-05, 03:44 PM
i wanna start tuning the engine on my 1.3 sr pretty extreme but
i'm not sure where to start.
i think its had some work done already coz its got a rollin road ticket and some nice chrome touches in the engine bay. i carn't find any other reciepts so don't know what else has been done.
i'll scan the rollin road ticket in later.

it has a k&n bolt on but its lookin a bit battered so i was thinkin twin 40s.
i don't know much about these so what would i need to fit em?
i saw these on ebay, would they fit, if so what else would i need.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72205&item=7968823078&rd=1

any other suggestions would be great.
i'll put pics and ticket up later.

david dixon
21-04-05, 05:36 PM
yeah they would fit but you will need a manifold to fit them to, you'll also need a pump, ajustable regulator and i didn't notice a linkage so if there isn't one you'll have to buy one.

if you fit the carbs you'll be best off fitting a big cam and vernier pulley to get the best out of them, if you looking for big power your best off buying a b++ head (big valves, ported & polished etc) also you could get a four branch manifold and group a exhaust system. using a 1.6 bottom end could be an option as you can over size them to around 1740cc's after that you should be looking at a larger power increase.

Snowface
21-04-05, 06:16 PM
have a look at the 1.3 in my profile below.

krobinson
21-04-05, 10:13 PM
When your finished, dont drop anything into the carbs.

Keith

probert_nova
21-04-05, 10:19 PM
if you looking for big power your best off buying a b++ head (big valves, ported & polished etc)

can you buy them ready to bolt on, if so where and how much?
ta

General Baxter
21-04-05, 10:21 PM
about ?900 + VAT :wink:

probert_nova
22-04-05, 02:26 PM
heres the two peices of paper i got.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/rollinroadjpg.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/rollinrecieptjpg.jpg

david dixon
22-04-05, 04:20 PM
jesus how much was that bill? ?125 for rolling road tune!?! whats that about. :?

Snowface
22-04-05, 09:43 PM
looking at what they changed, they must have done it all day.

Slimjim's was ?250 i think he said.

I wouldn't go showing your name, address, and mobile number on the net though. :roll:

probert_nova
23-04-05, 12:50 PM
looking at what they changed, they must have done it all day.

I wouldn't go showing your name, address, and mobile number on the net though. :roll:

ain't mine, its the guy who owned it before.

Snowface
23-04-05, 05:02 PM
oh right, thats good of you. :?

david dixon
23-04-05, 06:11 PM
when i used to have carbs on it only cost me ?54 for a hour and that was him setting the carbs, fuel pressure and adjusting the verniers until i had the highest power reading. :)

Matt Nova
23-04-05, 07:03 PM
when i used to have carbs on it only cost me ?54 for a hour and that was him setting the carbs, fuel pressure and adjusting the verniers until i had the highest power reading. :)

that seems quite a reasonable price especially for good work