PDA

View Full Version : my tailgate

burgo
21-04-05, 01:16 AM
ive just stripped it and found a little dent at the bottom where the vynal is so do i??

boredbloke
21-04-05, 08:57 AM
Is the little dent noticable?

Or could it be a case of peeling off part of the vynal and pulling it taught over the dent maiking it appear flush?

boredbloke
21-04-05, 08:58 AM
Is the little dent noticable?

Or could it be a case of peeling off part of the vynal and pulling it taught over the dent maiking it appear flush?

Philsutton
21-04-05, 11:21 AM
http://wizbangblog.com/images/stfu.jpg
lol, i'd just leave it as it is but thats just me.

Matt Nova
21-04-05, 06:11 PM
just flush the boot now :D

epo
21-04-05, 06:24 PM
remove sort and re do it

stuff like that would bother me tbh

Chris
21-04-05, 06:36 PM
where is dave.gsi when you need him lol

Keep the vynal

Chris

burgo
21-04-05, 06:45 PM
its not really noticeable but i know its there and i dont like it :evil: , any one got any idea how much new vynal is??

epo
21-04-05, 06:53 PM
where is dave.gsi when you need him lol

Keep the vynal

Chris

lol i know i miss the banter me and him had over the vinyal debate :lol:

Jack
21-04-05, 07:06 PM
^... and how to spell it? :P

Proper vauxhall vinyl could be a bit steep... best bet is to get a local signwriters to chop you off a length of the stuff, shouldn't set you back more than a tenner.

epo
21-04-05, 07:56 PM
^... and how to spell it? :P

Proper vauxhall vinyl could be a bit steep... best bet is to get a local signwriters to chop you off a length of the stuff, shouldn't set you back more than a tenner.

lol i cant spell to save me life

burgo
21-04-05, 09:31 PM
ok so i just get some vinyl and then get the gte badge ??

p.s. vinyl is the correct spelling, ive just looked it up lol

dan-hipgrave
21-04-05, 10:08 PM
how about flushing the boot and then putting vinyl on it, i reckon that could look pretty sweet, i aint seen it done before either....

scott.parker
21-04-05, 10:13 PM
how about flushing the boot and then putting vinyl on it, i reckon that could look pretty sweet, i aint seen it done before either....

Has been done someone on here did it a while back :wink: looked ace also.

Scott

Mike.
21-04-05, 10:53 PM
vinyl on a smoothed tailgate interesting, definetly different

burgo
22-04-05, 12:24 AM
as i am writing this i am waiting for filler to dry on both my wings, bonnet and tailgate for my civic and after doing baxters tailgate last weekend im proper fed up of smoothing lol. so it wont be smoothed. please remember people that i am only doing this car to sell it, fair enough if i were keeping it then i would concider smoothing it. but it has to be done for PV and as cheap as possible

Jack
22-04-05, 09:55 AM

Has been done someone on here did it a while back :wink: looked ace also.

Scott
Yep, i remember seeing that too.... looked poop tho imo. But then I'm not a fan of flushed boots anyway!!

Matt Nova
23-04-05, 05:41 PM
you've sorted it now anyway by buying another boot

burgo
24-04-05, 04:20 PM
you've sorted it now anyway by buying another bootyou wot??