PDA

View Full Version : Head Rebuild

paulwar
20-04-05, 11:37 PM
Ok, Head is back the and checked ok.This is the last time it can be skimmed :(

The guy was saying the heads for 1.2 novas are getting hard to get hold of now days.

The real question is. When I put it back together tomorrow. Is there anything i need to do before starting the car up. I know the hydrlic lifters take a while to get pressure,, Normally means a battery charger :p

The only thing I think i could do wrong is wireing the fuel pump up the wrong way.

Any advice / tips ?

Cheers
Paul

Stuart
21-04-05, 07:55 AM
lmao 1.2 heads are hard to come by. WTF they are as easy to get hold of if not easier than it was 5 years ago. So your man knows FA.

also how much was skimmed off? got any pics of the combustion chamber so i can get an idea how far its been done. My 1.2 head has had nearly 2mm taken off it for increased compression so i doubt youve had yours taken back that far lol.

drain the hydraulic lifters first, otherwise the engine might not start.

paulwar
21-04-05, 09:14 AM
it had 7000th of a inch taken off. But it had been done before. The guy said it would be the last time it could be skimmed.

I didn't pick it up, Dad it and thats what the guy told him in the machine shop. It doesn't bother me as I hope not to have the car next timeit goes:p

yer the hrydlic lifters have been drained and soaked in parafin to clean up.

The tapits don't look in the best condition though. I was wondering if i should just change it now. I'm sure if one goes I can strip it down again and change them :D