PDA

View Full Version : sub box

lauri
20-04-05, 07:04 PM
hi how do you calculate a sub box size? i have two 8" subs that i want to make a custom box for.
thanks,
lauri

notenuffhoursintheday
21-04-05, 07:33 AM
have you thought of making some rear quarter panel cards and puting them in there i reacon theyll fit either side im thinking of trying it with 12" and bringing them out a little with a couple of mdf rings so the back part of the speaker does hit the metal.

lauri
21-04-05, 12:41 PM
yeh thought about that but they really need to be boxed.if i put them in some mdf rear doorcards would there be enough room behind to box them up??
thanks

Spud
21-04-05, 02:08 PM
Did you get a technical data sheet with your subs? Have a look on there and it will say the min. volume you need, then just experiment with different sizes and work out the volumes
(Length x depth x height = XXcm3)

Or alternatively, the blaupunkt (sp) website used to have sub box calculator on it somewhere. have a look see if you can find that.

lauri
21-04-05, 02:33 PM
unfortunatly i din't get anything with the subs as they were second hand.
couldn't find the blaupunkt (sp)website. anyone know the address??
any other suggestions too?
thanks

notenuffhoursintheday
21-04-05, 06:55 PM
http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/bcv.php

notenuffhoursintheday
24-04-05, 01:20 AM
well today i got my 12" jbl on the passenger side rear quarter card i could of put it so u can see the cone but i thought id reverse it it rattles alittle the vent when u open the door but thats nowt what a little glue with sort out :D i recommend doing it its worth it the bass u get :D