PDA

View Full Version : gsi clocks ticking

16vChris
20-04-05, 09:04 AM
Is there an easy way to stop the annoying ticking the milage counter works but the trip one underneath doesnt and it ticks everytime it tries to change number, is it new clocks or can i fix this?
Cheers
Chris

Stuart
20-04-05, 09:50 AM
my 1.2 did this a few times. on 9.9miles lol

just keep pressing the reset button till it sorts itself out. sometimes you have to be rather firm with it lol.

failing that either new clocks ot take yours appart. i wont tell you how as thats jsut rude , but its really straightforward if you have an incling of intelligence

16vChris
20-04-05, 09:54 AM
cheers mate, ill try getting nasty with the button :lol:
or take it apart then :)

david dixon
20-04-05, 05:52 PM
could be the speedo cable mate.

dan-hipgrave
20-04-05, 06:05 PM
my old GSi clocks used to tick as well, and as you said, it turned out to be where the trip counter wasnt working, but was clicking over trying to go through the numbers, never did fix it, took my GSi dials apart to try and clock them to my new cars mileage and broke the speedo lol

Jack
20-04-05, 06:24 PM
just keep pressing the reset button till it sorts itself out. sometimes you have to be rather firm with it lol.
My hatch was the same, the reset button was a bit twitchy like that... if you didn't press it in acertain way the numbers didn't reset properly and sat there clicking