PDA

View Full Version : Sub cutting out?

Anonymous
07-03-01, 06:26 PM
i've just fitted a kenwood amp and pheonix gold sub and the sub cuts out on the bigger bass notes, does anyone know what the problem could be, after i fitted it, it sounded fine but then about two days later the problems started. i've checked the connections and they all appear to be fine. can some one shead some light on what might be the problem. cheers in advance.:D

Anonymous
07-03-01, 07:43 PM
you may be pulling too much power from the battery so the voltage drops and your bass cuts out. there are 3 solutions
1 dont turn it up so much (LMAO)
2 get a 1 Farrad capacitor
or 3 get another battery and get a split charging system

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
07-03-01, 07:59 PM
Try connecting your battery via jumpleads to another car to check the battery situation, you could possibly have a faulty amp if the 2nd battery doesn`t make a difference.

Anonymous
07-03-01, 09:00 PM
i am runing two amps via a power splitter straight from the amp. could that be the problem?

Anonymous
09-03-01, 02:35 AM
this happened to me and it was down to a flat battery

Anonymous
09-03-01, 12:05 PM
Really, what did you do? Get a new battery?

Anonymous
09-03-01, 01:32 PM
get a bigger battery, off a cav>?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

Anonymous
09-03-01, 02:14 PM
just get a new battery and makesure the alternator isnt f##CKED

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
09-03-01, 02:40 PM
could i try charging it?

Anonymous
09-03-01, 04:50 PM
yeh

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P