PDA

View Full Version : BUDGET!

Anonymous
05-03-01, 09:02 PM
-ok everything I do is budget,so what.Right,after installing my pioneer head unit(4x35watss) and adding my kenwood 7x10s(kfc7176s) and thinking it sounded the poodles plums,I got fed up with the standard 10cm cardboard whatevers in the dash,so I went out(not intentionally,u know how u find a good buy when ur just browsin) and got some replacement speakers up front from halfords,some more kenwoods,this tim kfc1066s,10cm 80watters,I originally got em for our dad to put in his rover,but I found they fitted mine first B) after thinking I had an ideal set up,a twat in a 205( a real wank one too,burgandy n standard) had a well banging set up that was louder than loud,a boss amp,a rocky foss 10" n some crap on the parcel shelf,I dont know which way to go with mine now,should I amp all my 4 speakers?,should I get a sub n amp? a bass box?(el cheapo) or amp n sub n amp?-I dont want the front speakers to go to waste tho :-/ any ideas please?-cheaper the better

Anonymous
06-03-01, 11:50 AM
Get a 4 channel amp (with crossovers) and a sub box. Should be ?150-200. Amp your 6x9's and bridge 2 channels to your sub. Your front speakers are getting a good wattage feed from the head unit anyway and if you want more sound from the front you can always set your fader biased to the fronts.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
06-03-01, 04:35 PM
run yer speakers and 7x10's off the head unit and then bet a medium power sub and amp and youll be a happy chappy!!

There is no need to run the 7x10s or the fronts off an extra amp. i mean Y bother with headunits that throw out 4x35+ Watts hey??!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
06-03-01, 04:53 PM
I just thought that if you had speakers capable of 240w you might want to use them fully. That set up i recommended above is basically what i'm running.

Anonymous
06-03-01, 05:06 PM
but the speakers have a nominal input which shoulnd really be gone ove. 220W 6x9's (i had) had a nominal of 45Watts an they were F.ucking loud and bassy peepe thought i had subs in there :D (that could be y someone felt the need to break in and take my shelf)

so as a rule of thumb speaker power shold be halved to give you the max power the amp should run at and then it will all be cushdy :)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
06-03-01, 05:13 PM
That rule is what i was using for my base. But you are saying that 220w speakers whouldn't be fed more than 45w? I hope thats not true coz i'm currently running 80w to 6x9's rated at 280w. I hate this bloody ice stuff it get's me so confused :(

Anonymous
06-03-01, 05:57 PM
its ok to rum em higher but not above half the rating of the speakers, as a general rule. i mean you can run em till they distort and then back off a bit :) but not too long on the distortion!!

Anonymous
07-03-01, 08:34 PM
cambridge, i lives in swansea and sum1 half inchd my pukka mdf shelf wiv my alpine 69ers in it c.u.n.t.s i hate theives X-(

Anonymous
08-03-01, 01:11 PM
its a bugger!!