PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit power Problems

Anonymous
28-02-01, 11:27 PM
I just bought a Sony CDX-5000R Head unit, installed it and works fine except none of the radiostations or sound presets are saving when a leave the ignition off for more than a couple on minutes. Some of the previous posts mention swapping wires between the battery and ignition (or something like this ) could someone help me out it is really beginning to get on my tits.

Anonymous
01-03-01, 10:11 AM
swap yer red and yellow leads over :) on the sony loom.

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
01-03-01, 09:45 PM
I went back and looked at the unit and the only way it worked was to plug both the red and the yellow wires from the sony loom into the yellow wire 'double socket'. i.e. both the permenant and switched power supplies were coming from the yellow (permanent) supply - from the car. With this configuration the radio presents are preserved but the clock, sound presets and CD player memory is wiped. The unit should resume CD playing from the position it left off at, however at the moment, if you leave the ignition off for more than a minute the player doesn't even register that there is a disc in there, on top of this when the ignition is turned off there should be a warning tone to remind you to remove the facia which there is not. I have concluded that the switched power supply from the car is at fault but I have no idea how to go about investigating this. I know this is only a small problem but if anyone has had a similar experience or know what to do i would much appreciate it. :(

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:10 AM
it wont switch if they are both in the permanent feed. the leads should be red-yellow and yellow-red!! thats how it should work. if the player dont work rigth put it in another car to test it!! then go about sorting it that way

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:15 AM
Basically - your memory wire has no positive feed going to it, so therefor it cant save anything.
I've had this problem with ALL my car stereos in various different cars, it just means you have to spend 5 mins swapping 2 wires over like Cambridge said.

Cheers,
Cris.

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:29 AM
there are already the connectors in the sony loom

I AM CORNHOILIO