PDA

View Full Version : SR Vinyl

Anonymous
19-09-00, 12:44 AM
If you remove the vinyl from the side of an SR does it leave a big mark so u know it was there? Is it a bitch to get off?
thx

Anonymous
19-09-00, 08:45 AM
yep it leaves a mark but this can be cleaned. But it keeps the paint underneath the original colour (it wont of faded like the rest if the car)

Anonymous
19-09-00, 09:53 AM
I helped take this off a mates car. If you use a heat gun ( like a paint stripper) it should bubble. Then you can use some thing like an old credit card to get it off. Doing it this way it should leave some glue. I use thinners on a old rag and it came clean off.

Dan

Anonymous
19-09-00, 11:20 AM
On my SR I had the bottom half respayed the same colour of my car I can't remember the stuff they used to get it off with but I'll find out for yeah and get back to you. All Nova SR's should have the bottom half vinyl removed and at the same time get it de-locked. Mint (I'll be sending pics of my SR soon! watch out!! for it.)

Anonymous
19-09-00, 06:29 PM
main problem is when the car has been painted and u dont know about it > then u take the vinal off and see a big mask line all long the side ov the car :(

check to see if its had paint before you strip or it will cost lots more