PDA

View Full Version : no spark?

IVI0USEY
18-04-05, 01:52 AM
i have a two litre eight valve that has sat for nearly two years i got it as a project and i have just put it back together to see what it needs to be put on the road im tryin to not spend too much money.

i carnt get a spark ive tested the circuit for problems i have came to the stage that ive got live and earth to the coil and the LT cuircuit seems to be complete ashuming there isnt any bits missing?

there is no spark from HT lead is this bad earth or more i am not sure but is there ment to b wires from the dizzy? cos there is none and i have a few wires coming of the harness which i dont know where they go. i will list them later as i carnt see them right know

can someone plz also post all the components and a basic wire guide to help thanks (pics of setup much apprechiated)

_JH_
25-04-05, 06:38 PM
do you mean you have a live wire from batt to coil and same with the earth? it's not that simple. you need the correct wires going to the ECU.

If you have no spark its most likely to be a faulty crank sensor or an incorrectly wired (sounds possible)/faulty ECU. does the fuel injection relay work when you switch the ignition on?

what 8v is it? seh/ser/se/ne? maybe you should get a haynes manual for it and follow the wiring diagram. if I had a scanner i'd post the diagrams up here.