PDA

View Full Version : Impromtu single wiper

hendrix
17-04-05, 11:12 PM
Drove to sheffield tonight from scunny and it was absolutely hammering it down. Typical to my luck the wiper linkage on the drivers side snapped leaving me not been able to see!! luckily i was near a junction so i pulled off and realised that the linkage was buggered. luckily i had my tools with me so i loosened the bolt on the other wiper arm and moved it so that it was pointing upwards, in the middle of the screen. So now when i use the wiper it cleans my bit of the screen so i can see. :lol:
only annoyin thing was my socket set was on the bonnet and i knocked it off, all the bits went all over the place, lost a few in some bushes, so not happy about that!!!! :evil:

burgo
17-04-05, 11:19 PM
kent beat the art of bodging

hendrix
17-04-05, 11:31 PM
indeedy :lol:

ANDYRACER
17-04-05, 11:32 PM
Bodge jobs are a must when ur stuck in the middle of no where. My bro made a home made single whiper and it snapped and i had to keep getting out to whip the windscreen at every trafic lights.

Jack
18-04-05, 08:58 AM
lol similar thing happened to my mate when his SR's electrics went TU, in the rain and dark, no headlights and windscreen wipers, driving along with our heads out the windows trying to see where we're going :lol:

Ohhhh the happy days of owning novas.... lmfao

DISCO GSI
18-04-05, 09:56 AM
when that happened to a some mates of mine the passanger had to tie his shoe lases to the drivers sideand wiper and pull it back and forwand with one lase in each window they got drenched! :lol: