PDA

View Full Version : Orange light

AMc
17-04-05, 12:42 AM
Hi, I'm quite illiterate when it comes to techincal car stuff but today on my E reg Vauxhall Nova an orange light came on when I turned on my engine. It looked like an H but with the horizontal line running from the top left hand corner to the bottom right with a wave in the middle. It stayed on the entire time. I bought this car 2nd hand so i do not have a manual and never saw this light in my old car. Can anyone tell me WHAT it is and whether I am still safe to drive my car???
Thank you

dan-hipgrave
17-04-05, 09:54 AM
sounds to me like the choke light mate, as thats the only orange light apart from the engine management light, which looks like an engine block.. Your car should be fine to drive, it probably has some dodgy wiring somewhere causing the choke light to fail to come on and then today it happened to come on..

Aragorn
17-04-05, 11:49 AM
push the choke handle in lol

Donova
17-04-05, 11:17 PM
don,t you have trouble starting and running? :?:

jamie gsi16v
17-04-05, 11:39 PM
its the choke light mate, if your car has a manual choke there will be a pull lever just the right of the steering coloum, just push it in and see if it goes then, it might just of worked its way out?

Jack
18-04-05, 09:19 AM
it might just of worked its way out?
Mine used to do that on the saloon... you'd be chundering along a dual carriageway at 70, realise the choke had pulled itself out, push it back in and the car would lurch forward :lol:

Riggy
18-04-05, 05:30 PM
just the right of the steering coloum

lol do you have a left hand drive car lol :lol:

its just to the left of the coloum mate :lol: