PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16V conversion, Fuel pump question.

doge5644_uk
16-04-05, 09:20 PM
Hello peeeps, i have a couple of questions to chuck at ya :D .

My nova currently has a 1.2i tank with internal pump. will this Do my XE engine?

I also tried swapping the pump to one from my Cav SRI, But the pump body was abit to long, so i couldnt get it to fit back into the tank properly, any ideas?

cheers in advance!

Aragorn
16-04-05, 09:33 PM
the cav pump will fit just needs a bit of perserverance

either force it like i did

or take the pump off the metal cage and cut the rubber connecting hose down by ~10mm then reassemble everything so the pump sits 10mm closer to the top of the assembly

once the basket is the right way round it will go nearly all the way in and just sit up about 10mm at one side when its unmodified, i just bolted it down once it was like that, but cutting the 10mm out will make it clear the bottom of the tank

doge5644_uk
16-04-05, 09:50 PM
oh right, Did use the 'bracket / pump mount' from the cav, when you put it into the tank?

Or did u just take the 1.2pump(the motor itself) off the the 'bracket thingy' and swap it over to the cav pump?

cheers

Aragorn
16-04-05, 09:56 PM
mine was out an astra which i assume is the same as cav and i used the astra mounting thing as it looked identical

the pump was just slightly longer (and made from metal instead of plastic)

doge5644_uk
16-04-05, 10:03 PM
The cav one isn't identical, and the pump sits at a different angle too.

i'll probably give it another shot tomorrow.

Aragorn
16-04-05, 11:03 PM
well fit the cav pump to the nova bracket and shorten the interconnecting pipe while your there

then it will all fit perfectly