PDA

View Full Version : 2 Amps 2 Subs!

Anonymous
23-02-01, 06:24 PM
At the moment i have a set of 6 * 9's running from a highfonics amp. I also have 2 12" earthquake subs boxed running from a JBL Decade amp, which is bridged (the subs are running in Paralled (i think! one positve to one sub one negative to another, then the remaining connectors joined, its the best set up i've tried at the mo)). Both amps are 2*100. It sounds sweet. (i have some mids in the front). What i want to know is, can i run one of the subs of the jbl amp, and the other off the highfonics amp. I was just wondering if the amps will give the exact same signal at the exact same time so i dont end up with one sub moving slightly ahead of the other?

Cheerz peeps.
(a bit confusing that init!)
:-/

B-) Pug drivers are W*nk*rs. X-(

Anonymous
24-02-01, 10:24 AM
Didnt think i would get a reply to this!!! :D

B-) Pug drivers are W*nk*rs. X-(

Anonymous
24-02-01, 11:23 AM
er. as long as they are both set up exactly the same, low pass set the same etc it will be ok. and also the gains set the same so you dont get diff volumes!!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
09-03-01, 08:37 PM
isn`t it better running one sub per channel on the decade amp? (that impedence qestion again!)

Anonymous
10-03-01, 10:34 AM
UPDATE. I ran the sus from the hifonics amp. I have it bridged running at 1 ohnm (the amp is 1ohm stable/capable) the subs rock, and i mean ROCK. I am currently running the 689's from the decade amp, but am not very happy with them beacause the JBL has not got a variable high pass filter, so the 6*9's are running "Flat". I will soon be getting rid of my JBL amp so if any one is interested then give me a shout. Only about 6 months old, not thrashed 2*100 (does sound nice on 2 subs). If any one is interested then make me a sensible offer.

B-) All Pug drivers are W*nk*rs (exept my missus) X-(