PDA

View Full Version : can this be dun??

Anonymous
23-02-01, 12:10 AM
if you have got 3 way crossovers running off the head unit can u put an amp between the crossover and a speaker. my amp has inputs wot can run off a head unit so u can use it if there arnt any amp outputs. I hope this makes sense

cheers

john

Anonymous
23-02-01, 09:12 AM
Ive been told by Les Smith and Halfords this can be done, but you will have to ask them as Im afraid I cant remember how to do it!
:)

www.cruisescene.20m.com
:D

Anonymous
23-02-01, 09:40 AM
you can do it!! all you do is connect the signals from the Xover and the ground on the X pver to the amp like you would from youe head unit

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
23-02-01, 04:00 PM
You can even put the amp in line before the X over. If you have pre outs, then connect them to your amp, then put the speaker connections to the X over and then set your X over up accordingly. Or Continue using the X over as you are (from the head unit) then connect the relevant speaker connections to the amp.

I used to use a X over on my subs, i had it in line after the amp, i had a bass boost system on it and it was set up spot on, untill the X over blew. It was only a shitty Tornado one that i was given for free so i didnt care, just replaced it with a better amp. B-)

B-) Pug drivers are W*nk*rs. X-(

Anonymous
23-02-01, 04:26 PM
it depend on whether you are using a pasive(before the amp) or the other kind(can't remember what its called....doh)

Anonymous
24-02-01, 10:21 AM
er active

I AM CORNHOILIO