PDA

View Full Version : Amp & my kenwood head unit...

Anonymous
22-02-01, 12:02 AM
Does anyone know where I plug my amplifier into on the rear of my head unit?
Does it go in the rear right ouput hole? And also the left side one as well, the red and white connections.
There doesnt seem to be anywhere else for them to go, and also, can I power the amp off of just the same wire that powers the head unit, or does it need to come from the battery itself?
Thanks.

www.cruisescene.20m.com
:D

Anonymous
22-02-01, 02:35 AM
That sounds about right. You should be able to plug your RCA into the back of ya head unit (Red & White connectors) The amp will need a power lead directly from the battery, a good size wire too, should be fused. You use the remote wire on your head unit to give the amp a signal to turn on.

Better? :-/

Anonymous
22-02-01, 10:05 AM
Thanks for that, I think I should be ok with it all, but Ive not installed an amp before, and dont fancy blowing every damn fuse in the car in the process! :)
Would there be a remote wire especially for this? Its a Kenwood minidisc head unit, do I run it from the car electric ariel wire, or the head units ariel wire?

www.cruisescene.20m.com
:D

Anonymous
22-02-01, 07:50 PM
As Paulrobo said above There will be a remote lead coming from the head unit use this it should be different to the electric ariel out put and should be blue in colour.
Simon (stereo)

Anonymous
23-02-01, 10:39 AM
look in your manual!!! always a good start!! as for blowing every fuse in the car, dont put the fuse in the amp power feed till u r ready to test it ALL

I AM CORNHOILIO