PDA

View Full Version : Two 32/34 questions...

MattNova
14-04-05, 01:01 PM
rite,

im buying a 32/34 carb c/w 1.3sr manifold (mines a 1.2). The 2 quesions that i have are;

1 - will i need a new throttle cable (1.3sr one)?
2 - will my K&N/standard air filter, that i had fitted to the standard carb fit, or will i need a new one of those also?

oh and is there anything else that i need appart from the carb, manifold (maybe throttle cable)?

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers all

Matt

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 02:09 PM
Ok mate here is what you will "REALLY" need:

1.3 Inlet Manifold
New Manifold Gasket

What You Can Be Without

1.3 Accelerator cable (Throtle). I used my 1.2 one and just joined it with webber, its easy use your ball on the 1.2 cable as an anchor. Its easy you will see what i mean!

If you have 1e2 Pierbug and you have K&N filter then if you do not have the adaptor plate on your weber for the airfilter you will need diff K&N. Basically the problem is that your standart 1.2 K&N airfilter is too high and will most likely hit the bonnet when you close it so watch out. Look just put it on and you will see how it goes!

P.S.

Dont foget to drain the cooland before you start!

MattNova
14-04-05, 04:04 PM
rite i guess im in trouble now cuz ive never heard of "New Manifold Gasket". i dont know what you mean by "drian the cooland" and whats the "ball on the 1.2 cable as an anchor".
basicall i realy dont know a lot about cars :( where can i get parts from cheap that i need?anyone know.
HELP :(
Matt

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 04:16 PM
OK! Gasket you can get from any motorist shop or halfords. Coolant is a liquid that cools yours engine! Now if you have no experience in doing so I would rather get a garage to do it, cuz it can get a bit difficult, i.e. seized bolts etc. No really mate if you not sure get someone else to do it and you just watch or help them out!

MattNova
14-04-05, 04:24 PM
the only problem is that money is very tight at the moment as im saving up for a paint job (very much needed, every pannel scratched) and i wanted to minimise the cots if possible.
ive just been looking for a guide of how to fit one, but cant find one on internet:(
got any ideas on how much it might cost to fit?
cheers Matt

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 04:27 PM
Haynes manual is good! Its all there! The cost, well its 2hour job at max! So in the worst case scenarion you looking at 80 quid max!

MattNova
14-04-05, 04:30 PM
wel ive got a haynes manual, do you think that with one of those i might be able to do it myself? do i just remove + connect new carb as it sez in there?

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 04:35 PM
Do you already have 1.3 manifodl installed? If not you will have to take ald 1,2 manifold off and put the new one for 1.3 as weber wont fit 1.2 manifold. taking the manifodl off is a pain in the ar** as there is one bolt that is impossible to undo and its hidden behing the oil breather not easy access... Hate to scare you but how much experience do you have? If not much.... I would recommend getting some help! But if you breave you can do it yourself! Confidence friend! Confidence! :wink:

MattNova
14-04-05, 04:38 PM
i kno, i haven't realy got any experience with my car:(but im willing to try, i guess thats confidence, no i haven't already got the manifold fitted, figgured it wud ba a pain to fit. ive just sent an e-mail to just novas to get a quote on fitting, but i cud realy o with fitting it myself.
do you/anyone know where i can get a guide on fitting one to a 1.2?
cheers Matt

Aragorn
14-04-05, 04:41 PM
the gaskets are pieces of paper like stuff that sit between the head and inlet manifold and carb and inlet manifold and seal it to stop air leaking in

if the carb comes attached to the manifold you should only need the inlet manifold gasket, if its not attached then u will need both

its really not a hard job to do although some of the bolts can be a bit tricky to get at on the inlet manifold

just follow the haynes guide to removing the inlet manifold (ignore the bits about removing the carb first tho as u dont need to)

throttle cable might need a bit of dicking around with but shouldnt be toohard to sort

MattNova
14-04-05, 04:44 PM
rite, well i'll read thru haynes when i get om (at work now:)) and i'll try and figure it out and then i'll keep looking for a guide on here, rekon i know what you mean by the gaskets, rekon ive seen them before, maybe get them from a scrappers?
any more comments and help (like where to get guide) much appreciated
cheers again Matt

Cassie-Nova
14-04-05, 05:09 PM
I have a K&N sitting around from the 1.4SR, it sits nicely over my 32/34 carb - never considered whether or not the bonnet would close though - will it fit or will i have to go for the slim line one? Don't Ram-Air do a pretty cheap air filter for the 32/34?

MattNova, check your PM's mate.

Jim

tom_beverley
14-04-05, 06:55 PM
:o Don't get a gasket from a scrappy! Buy a new one from your local motorfactors should only a few quid at the most anyway.

I used the 1.2 throttle cable with the 'ball' off the pierburg carb. I seperated the previous throttle mount from the carb and welded on the 'ball'.

Depending on the current mount I would just get a 1.3sr cable (about a tenner) and use that. Mine has a bit of slack on the pedal but both throttle still just fully open.

To remove the manifold, the easiest way I found was to use a knuckle with the socket. You will also need some spanners.

MattNova
15-04-05, 08:24 AM
i was planning on gettin a new gasket, was told (by pissed mechanic) of how to make one to fit, using gasket paper.

what is ment by the "ball" on the throttle cable?

cheers Matt