PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at a Nova Sport tonight

stevei
14-04-05, 11:59 AM
thinking of re-building it as my track day car instead of my GTE. aparantly its been re-built in '98 and treated but.............. somebody has painted it orange and put a GSI face lift and fit on it!!!! oh dear! what bumpers are on a Nova Sport and are they hard to get hold of?

ste

Chris
14-04-05, 12:06 PM
should be easy enough to get hold of from a scrapyard, they are the small ones which have the grill fitted to

Chris

stevei
14-04-05, 12:44 PM
sounds good to me that mate, anybody got any pics of the nova sport and how it sould look?

ste

NovaloadedAgain
14-04-05, 02:34 PM
Are you going to look at the one thats on eBay at the mo?
Heres some pics of the Sport, These pics are of Nova sport Jerseys car, He has a contact to get the sport decals if you PM him, Lovely car. Only thing not standard on it is the astra gte alloys to cover the 2L 16v calipers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/NovaloadedAgain/novasport007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/NovaloadedAgain/novasport003.jpg

stevei
14-04-05, 05:26 PM
cheers mate. its not the one on e-bay, this ones orange, just found out its had a sunroof fitted aswell!

ste

Jack
14-04-05, 05:28 PM
^ thats pretty mint, complete with red exhaust! :o

I thought the sport bumper was the same as the mk1, phase 1 standard bumper... although in a lot of pictures i've seen it with the bits by the headlights painted white?

Just out of curiousity, what wheels came on the original sport?

Matt Nova
14-04-05, 07:12 PM
do all mk1s have the boot lock where the sport is ? sort of semi flushed boot

i wouldn't bother with a orange mk2 faced one mate it'd just look like a SR on webbers better off standard

Adam
14-04-05, 08:09 PM
do all mk1s have the boot lock where the sport is ? sort of semi flushed boot

I think the lock is in the same place, but they have a grab handle surrounding the lock, so it looks different.

Snowface
14-04-05, 08:35 PM
did sports have sunroofs? if so was it standard?

Mark
14-04-05, 10:33 PM
did sports have sunroofs? if so was it standard?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NovaloadedAgain
14-04-05, 11:31 PM
^ thats pretty mint, complete with red exhaust! :o

I thought the sport bumper was the same as the mk1, phase 1 standard bumper... although in a lot of pictures i've seen it with the bits by the headlights painted white?

Just out of curiousity, what wheels came on the original sport?

Yeah I like the original ashley red back box. Theres a nice story to them back boxes lol
The silver metal steelies come on these cars as standard
Also the bootllock looks kind of flushed in on the older Novas. Theres a Nova like that round my way-I think they should have made all nova tailgates like that.
Oh & lastly from what i know about them they never came with sunroofs-although im sure there was probably a factory option. But an orange sport is just wrong! When you view it, slap him!

Jack
15-04-05, 12:24 AM
all Mk1 Phase 1's have the "semi-flushed" bootlid. And I don't like it, I much prefer the later ones with the handle. But then I never was a great fan of flushed boots on Novas...

By Mk1 Phase 1 I mean >D reg - the ones that have the all-in-one bumper and grille.

And a sport won't have a sunroof :wink:

stevei
15-04-05, 08:19 AM
i did a hpi on the car before i went last night and it was a sport. but when it was re-built in '97 it was painted orange and had a full GTE kit and a sunroof fitted. he wanted ?800 for it...... i think it was way too much, as it would need a shed load spending on it to put it back to standard. same really.

ste

Jack
15-04-05, 10:58 AM
but when it was re-built in '97 it was painted orange and had a full GTE kit and a sunroof fitted.
He put a sunroof in a sport?!?! Surely it would have been cheaper (and a damn sight easier!) to just buy a nova with a sunroof already fitted.... tool :roll:

he wanted ?800 for it...... i think it was way too much
If it was standard it'd be worth twice, maybe three times that :(

NovaloadedAgain
15-04-05, 12:27 PM
The sport in the pics I posted has a sunroof?!

Jack
15-04-05, 12:49 PM
Good point :lol:

Ok after some investigation...

Optional:
The only options for the Nova Sport were rear seatbelts, passenger door mirror, radio/cassette and sunroof. All were dealer-fitted.

As far as I can see the sport stuff was a kit fitted to a base model white Nova L. That would explain why some had sunroofs. Obviously motorsport-run ones wouldn't have a sunroof...

NovaloadedAgain
15-04-05, 12:58 PM
Yeah good job there was no sunroofs on the motorsport ones! When I got my twin carbs-The sport I took em of had no sunroof, Obviously my carbs are used to being wide open! was Probably an old motorsport version!
Completely rotten too!

I like the rear seatbelts option too! Lol

novasportjersey
02-07-05, 10:56 AM
just to clarify, no Sports were fitted with sunroofs from the factory. Two Sports (one of which is mine) where delivered to Falles, the dealership in Jersey at the time. They fitted a sunroof in both cars before being sold.

Believe it or not they are actually ELF sunroofs ( the Renault parts manufacturer), this is because Falles had the Renault franchise also.

For some reason they had a shedload of these in the mid-eighties and were banging them into everything for about ?60 fitted.

Shame they were fitted in the nova sports but then it's now part of their history and sets them apart a bit from the rest![/img]