PDA

View Full Version : should i bother?

SRlew
14-04-05, 11:51 AM
well my brothers mate won ?5000 on a scratch card (lucky git :( )

so he might be selling his 1ltr red mk1 nova for like ?60,

so seeing as i need new front wings any way and my bonnet has been keyed big time, and my doors have BAD rust on them (need plates welding in) should i buy his nova off of him and put the wings, doors and bonnet on mine?

i deffantly want the wings but what about the doors, are they hard to swap?

then i got to try fit it in my front garden with mine then i got to get rid of it some how, is it worth the hassle?

cheers, lew

Chris
14-04-05, 11:54 AM
Yes, if the doors are good then get it bought and worry about the rest later

Chris

SRlew
14-04-05, 12:00 PM
yer i suppose if i can get it in my small front garden next to my SR then all will be good.

do you have to pay to get a car scrapped?

but, if any one is after a shell, i think this one is in mint condition, no rust any where i think but will have to check, so if any one wants a 1ltr for a project or conversion but with my dented front wings and rusty doors on then you can have it for free.

just thought i'll see as i think its mint so might be bit of a waste to scrap it.

novamadcars
14-04-05, 01:31 PM
hi mate round my way prices vary for scrapping a car the cheapest i found was 25 quid

NovaloadedAgain
14-04-05, 02:39 PM
Alot of places come & pick up your car for free, & some even give you cash for it! Thats round here though!

SRlew
14-04-05, 02:48 PM
that aint to bad but i aint got any money to pay to get one scrapped.

good stuff NovaLoadedAgain
yer just looking through the local paper and under 'vehicles wanted' section,

and one firm says

'FREE REMOVAL
unwanted cars & vans'

and the other says

'ANY SCRAP CARS AND VANS
removed free'

so looks like i might be sorted.

cheers guys!! 1ltr here we go :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
14-04-05, 02:53 PM
There ya go mate, thats that sorted, Now time to buy that Nova & get ya parts! 8)
I have a friend who works for himself as a recovery driver, he advertises in the paper & he collects the cars for free & then gets em back to the yard disconnects the fuel gauge & fills the petrol tank with water & then weighs it in, That way he gets more money for scrap metal weight! Lol :)

You should see his face when he picks up an old Volvo! There heavy & have massive petrol tanks! He's yet to pick up a jag!

SRlew
14-04-05, 03:04 PM
nice one mate.

thats a good idea, yer i bet he likes those volvo estate 524's (i think thats the one) there massive!! :lol:

im now thinking of ripping the dash out of the 1ltr aswell and doing a custom dash.

cheers, lew

Jack
14-04-05, 05:47 PM
For ?60 thats a bargain. A 2nd hand bonnet would cost you about ?20, doors ?30-40 each so already you're saving money. And any bits you don't want you could sell on ebay to make a little money back, then scrap the rest.

Riggy
14-04-05, 05:54 PM
if the shell is mint you dont want to be scrapping it

sell it on , there are plenty of people who will need one

what condition is your shell in :?:

hendrix
14-04-05, 06:47 PM
NO riggy :lol:

kevster
14-04-05, 06:51 PM
go riggy anther 2.0L nova :o

keep the shell and add to it :wink:

Matt Nova
14-04-05, 07:15 PM
buy it mate if yours is worth transferring parts over to

totalnova
14-04-05, 09:30 PM
if the shell is mint then dont scrap it ur mad u said yours has rusty doors and wings only a matter of time before the underneath is gonna be rotton take it from my experience take the best shell and scrap the rotter dont be an arse
wot are u running in your nova? engine wise?

SRlew
14-04-05, 10:22 PM
well i havent had a proper look at it yet but when iv walked past it
(he lives a few doors down) iv looked at it and theres no rust on the arches, wings, doors or boot that i can see of!

well my shall is o.k it has had a plate welded in by my dad in the passanger rear foot well, then there is a hole in the right hand side of the boot be-hind the tail lights, and its also starting to appear in the left hand side, iv just grinded out a small bit of rust on the slam panel next to the bonnet catch on that lump next to it. mine isnt that bad though, i could just put the new doors on mine and mine would nearly be done.

my front wings arnt rusty there justr pretty f**ked from where my bro crashed it.

my car is a 1.4 SR. i dont know if it would be worth putting all my SR stuff into the 1 ltr, would it?

i wouldnt scrap it if the shell was in good nick though, like inside and under neath etc.

ummm decissions

jamie gsi16v
14-04-05, 10:40 PM
definatly worth it mate especially if the doors are in good condition. people take scrap cars away for free, look in your local paper, your mates a lucky git!!!