PDA

View Full Version : side rubbing bumpers

sickrabbit
14-04-05, 05:11 AM
This is the first and last time i ever remove these items off a car.....apart from being stuck on with terminator jism , ( damn hard to remove -even with a heatgun ) , the bloomin black foam ( from double sided tape) was a real chore to remove( even with meths and auto glym I,m sure this stuff wasnt meant to be removed.... You can also see where the previous owner had bashed the drivers side on summat , cos some of the paint chipped off when the bumper came away from the drivers side door.So out came the filler and paint... The end result was worth it tho and with the tacky red pinstripe removed from the bumpers the car looks totally different , just a word of warning to those who want to do the same - wait till you get a hot day to remove those side bumpers....with the panels hot - i,m sure it,d be easier

As for the front and rear bumpers ...the cars miami blue..shall i leave em plain grey or add another coloured stripe..say black maybe..?
cheers
hopefully pictures to follow soon....

inel
16-04-05, 05:34 PM
Hey I also have a Miami Blue Nova 8) Great colour isn't it :P

I've had to remove the bumpstrips on the back behind the doors because I've been fixing up my rear arches from some rust. I have been using nothing but my fingernails and some old 'De-Solv-It' I found in the garage. :o

Could you do me a favour and post a pic of what the whole car looks like without bump-strips and without the red line on the bumper. Was thinking of doing the exact same but didn't want to take the time for it to look crap. :D