PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Coil and Distributor Wiring PLEASE HELP!

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 03:38 AM
I hate to whinge but...
My car is of the road and not working as no one cen tell me the wiring on 1.4 coil and distributor!
Come on there are plenty of people here with 1.4 sr so open your bonnets and tell me what colour wires go to and from coil! Also on the distributor there are two pin connector can you tell me where do they connect on to coil!

PLEASE!!!! I HAVE NO RUNNING CAR AT THE MOMENT DUE TO THE REASON DESCRIBED ABOVE! :cry:

storer
14-04-05, 12:03 PM
hi mate ive just put a 1.4sr engine in my 1.2 carb nova. There was a black, green and a brown which go to the coil. the brown brown is an earth, the black goes to the coil and the green ive taped up as i dont have a rev counter

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 02:03 PM
Thanks mate!
On the distributor, there is two pin connector, what colour wiregoes from coil to the distributor? Basically as there is no markings ont he distributor I have no idea which one is -1 and which is +15V
By the way, where do you ment to connect revcounter?

Snowface
14-04-05, 07:34 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109378

1.4 dizzy on a 1.2 head/cam cannot be done. Same vica versa.

Aragorn
14-04-05, 08:41 PM
why the hell not?

hes fitting 1400sr cam and 1400 dizzy

u cant run a 1200 dizzy with a 1400 cam which is the problem hes on about

im not sure on the dizzy to ignition module wiring, but im sure its in the haynes

Snowface
14-04-05, 09:22 PM
Original question.

Guys I need help! Can I just swap 1.2 ignition to 1.4 one

my answer

1.4 dizzy on a 1.2 head/cam cannot be done

he doesn't say he's changin the cam.

dan-hipgrave
14-04-05, 10:07 PM
he is changing the cam mate, i sold it to him :lol:

Aragorn
14-04-05, 10:11 PM
in the other thread he says hes fitted a 1400 cam

sTuDeNt
14-04-05, 10:56 PM
OK guys its been a confusion! I have 1.2 engine and I put 1.4NV engine cam! Now I also put 1.4NV coil and distributor! However I have no wiring, The engine is turning but no spark from the coil. Can someone tell me what is going on? I have no idea how the coil should be connected to distributor (two pint connector one pin is +15 the other is -1 but which one is which)

Aragorn
15-04-05, 12:13 AM
ok in haynes:

"+" on dizzy is a black/yellow wire which runs to pin 5 on the ignition module
"-" on the dizzy is a blue/green wire which runs to pin 6 on the ignition module

pin 4 from igntion module is connected to live along with the black from the coil

pin 1 from module is connected to green along with negative from coil, this green wire also feeds the rev counter if u ahve one

pin 2 on module is connected to ground

sTuDeNt
15-04-05, 01:01 AM
What are you talking about???
OK on the coil there is ony three main connection. I.e HT lead +15 and -1 ok, plus two small two pin connectors i.e. each has +15 and -1 accordingly. Now on dizzy there is ONLY ONE two pin plug! What 3,4,5,6 pins are you talking about! Its a carbed engine and coil came from carb car! :lol:

burgo
15-04-05, 01:35 AM
+15 = black , 1 = brown ,

dizzy
b+ = red
c- = brown

15 = b+
1 = c-

the green for your rev counter goes to the brown on the coil

sTuDeNt
15-04-05, 01:58 AM
Thanks mate!

On the dissy there is no marks on the plug. Which one is which? If i look at it and the screw that holds it at the top which one is b+ and which one is c-

Thanks!

burgo
15-04-05, 02:37 AM
dont know it doesnt say in the haynes. try it on eway and if it dont work try it the other lol

Aragorn
15-04-05, 10:19 AM
without the 6 pin ignition module its not going to work

it should be a square box that sits under the coil with 6 pins on it

the dizzy connects to this module along with the coil

sTuDeNt
15-04-05, 10:48 AM
Right! I see but, there is no wires going from the module to the coil at all! The module just sits there and thats all! Is it how its supposed to be?

Aragorn
15-04-05, 12:08 PM
go to the SR u got the coil and stuff from and cut off the loom that connects it all togehter

without the proper wiring plugs u arent going to be able to make this work

sTuDeNt
15-04-05, 05:03 PM
I could not find an SR so have to do it myself!

can you please tell me the page of the wiring diagram or scan it or something!
Is there are more that one wire coming out of single pin on the ignition module?

Much appreciated!

Aragorn
15-04-05, 09:58 PM
well without the plugs how are you going to connect things to it?

i would seriously advise against just using spade connectors or something as these are a rish of shorting out

if u couldnt find an SR where did u find the coil, module and dizzy?

sTuDeNt
15-04-05, 10:40 PM
Righty!

I am using fully insulated spade connectors, and I have mada sure there is no possible shortages can occure. I think I have founf the diagram for the module in the diagram for 14NV engine.

All wires are now labeled and connected and the only pin that is not connected to anything is the pin 3, am I right!

The ignition I got of someone second hand so there was no wiring with it.
(Actually from now I will be blaiming dan hipgrave :))

I followed your explanation earlier and the manual, hopefully it should now work! :?

dan-hipgrave
15-04-05, 11:48 PM
you cant blame me :lol: blame someone else, i blame Epo myself :roll:

Aragorn
15-04-05, 11:53 PM
yep pin 3 appears to simply be a sheild ground for the wire to the dizzy so it shouldnt be needed