PDA

View Full Version : my nova's dead :(

probert_nova
13-04-05, 08:35 PM
my nova has only been out of the body shop about a month
and was takin it up to donny to show it off the first time when on the motorway my bonnet flew up, i pulled into the hard shoulder and was just about stoped when a big fcuk-off artic drove into the back of me. dunno what the hell he was doin but lukily me and m8 only got whiplash and a few bruises. found a fair bit of rot so the next novas gonna have a full restoring before i do anythin.
what a waste, didn't even get one picture in a magazine.

before
http://www.terrorsk8in.co.uk/cnwforum/albums/album17/csps_March_2005_020.jpg
http://www.terrorsk8in.co.uk/cnwforum/albums/album17/csps_March_2005_019.jpg

after
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/rear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/near.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/side.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/far.jpg

Nick
13-04-05, 08:45 PM
shit, gutted for you...

how's insurance dealing with it, i hope they'l giev you your moneys worth ! i'd sue for the whiplash too ! lol

epo
13-04-05, 08:46 PM
gutted mate
thats well bad it was a nice noav aswell :(

Riggy
13-04-05, 08:52 PM
:o sorry to hear that mate that really is bad luck

hope insurance does its job

General Baxter
13-04-05, 08:54 PM
:o

i just hope the insurance man/woman comes looking for a modded nova not a std looking one :roll:

by the looks of it, it did not hit that fast about 20mph, but i would say your very lucky any faster and that car would have been a cube

probert_nova
13-04-05, 08:57 PM
s**t, gutted for you...

how's insurance dealing with it, i hope they'l giev you your moneys worth ! i'd sue for the whiplash too ! lol

sortin insurance now,i'm sayin its his fault also gonna put a claim in for personal injury,(fillin in form off lawyers now)
claim'n for whiplash,bruises,loss of sleep and depression.
all been confirmed by docter so fingers crossed.

iv'e gutted the mods off the car so they can go on another one but iv'e got a garage now so i'm thinkin extreme bodywork but metal instead, not fibreglass

DR
13-04-05, 08:58 PM
:o what a shitter mate......... Life such a Bitch sometimes..... Hope you get you money's worth out the insurance company & sue the arse out the other driver.......lol

dunova
13-04-05, 09:27 PM
Really feel for you mate. How come the bonnet flew up?? If its anything to do with the bodyshop i'd next be seeing them in court :!:

jkhilton
13-04-05, 09:28 PM
Do you know why the bonnet flipped up? if the bonnet was done by the bodyshop aswell, then surely they could be held responsible if the insurance start getting arsey about whos fault it is.

Really gutted for you though, but at the same time, it could have been a whole lot worse!!!! Hope you get things sorted and get another project underway quickly.

probert_nova
13-04-05, 09:49 PM
i'm not really sure why it flew up. the bonnet spring is missin which makes me think it unscrewd from the bonnet but then it would still be in the front pannel.
the bodyshop that did the respray didn't do the bonnet, i got it from someone in leeds. its my own fault for not putin a secondary catch on really

Mike.
13-04-05, 09:53 PM
sorry to see that mate, looked like areal nice car, glad your planning another one though

Phil_G
13-04-05, 10:46 PM
if your passenger is injured they should seek legal advice too. IMo they would be entitled to a claim should they be genuinely suffering too.

Phil

Aragorn
13-04-05, 10:57 PM
there is a secondary catch tho?

the main spring holds it down and the safety catch is what u have to disengage when u lift the lever under the edge of the bonnet after u pull the release?

had u removed the safety catch?

Chris
13-04-05, 11:04 PM
sorry to hear that, but at least you are ok

From the looks of those pics the bonnet looks like it had being 'bay boyed', if so then it is difficult to pull up the safety hook/catch so people remove them

Chris

srs1
13-04-05, 11:09 PM
thats well bad matey.
hope you dont feel too bad about the accident.

but then again.

you did remove the secondry safety catch to the bonnet.
did you tell the insurance that?
if not, your fucked and your mate is going to sue you through the small claims court.

Ricks
13-04-05, 11:13 PM
sorry to hear that mate.but atleast your walking away with your life if not ure nova

Adam
13-04-05, 11:39 PM
That looks well bad mate :(

How did a lorry hit you on the hard shoulder, was it driving along it? :?

probert_nova
13-04-05, 11:49 PM
thats well bad matey.
hope you dont feel too bad about the accident.

but then again.

you did remove the secondry safety catch to the bonnet.
did you tell the insurance that?
if not, your fucked and your mate is going to sue you through the small claims court.

the catch was removed when i had the bonnet, there was too much support taken away for me to fit one. if i ever have a badboy agen its gonna have pins holdin it down.
my m8s got mild whiplash and his claim is goin through as part of mine.
the only thing that was actually causing him and me pain was the bar in the bucket seats where ya head is, its bruised the back of our heads.
it shouldn't make a difference that my bonnet was up coz you can see from the pics i was miles in the hardshoulder.(the car hasn't been moved)

probert_nova
13-04-05, 11:53 PM
That looks well bad mate :(

How did a lorry hit you on the hard shoulder, was it driving along it? :?

fcuk knows, i have a feelin he may have been havin a look at my m8s car as he got overtaken. coz his statement was,
"i saw this nice car overtake me and the next thing i knew i hit it and noticed the bonnet was up"
if he ones lookin at mine then he was sure to look at his.

Chris
14-04-05, 12:03 AM
Is it not automatically the persons fault if they shunt anyway regardless of what happened to your car?

kevster
14-04-05, 12:14 AM
sorry to see that mate was a very nice little nova hope you will come back with a nother hope you are ok

Jack
14-04-05, 12:22 AM
Is it not automatically the persons fault if they shunt anyway regardless of what happened to your car?
Usually its a case of he hit you therefore his fault; doesn't really matter what you were doing at the time (within reason), whether your bonnet was obscuring your forward vision or etc.

If the truck driver was copping an eye at your mates car and drifted into the hard shoulder he'll probably get done for driving with undue care and attention or something. I'd have thought the insurance people or police ought to be able to figure out what happened from the position of cars, any skid marks on the road etc.