PDA

View Full Version : Bridging

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:03 AM
I've been installing some ice over the weekend and came across a problem bridging channels for my sub. I've got a JBL p80.4 4 channel amp. The labels on the amp say the middle pos/neg terminals -+-+
^^
should be used for bridging but i'm not too sure how i go about doing it. Do i just plug the pos/neg from the sub to the middle two terminals (if so it ain't working) or am i doing something silly?

B-) "I don't know karate, but i know kerrraaazy" B-)

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:56 AM
im not sure but you connect the two middle ones to your sub and the two outer ones with thick cable. ive seen this on infinity amps but im not sure for others:D

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:00 AM
What cambridge says sounds about right, but are you sure there isn't a small switch somewhere to switch to bridged mode?:)

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:05 AM
It's got a mono/stereo switch. I would assume that would be set to mono. I'll give the wiring a shot on my break and let you know.

Cheers

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:25 AM
just tried the wiring you suggested with the switch in both modes and it still doesn't work. What a twat.

I'll pop down to Burnley Car Audio at dinner and see if they can tell me, if so i'll let you know.

Cheers for your help guys.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:38 AM
Maybe the instructions mean you bridge the two centre terminals with a wire and use the outer one for the seaker?

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:26 AM
Paul you're a genius. Just got it working. Thanks to you too Cambridge.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 08:29 PM
can you bridge out any amp??

Anonymous
20-02-01, 12:11 AM
well its best to only do it to ones that say you can, or if you are the desginer of amps. but other than that its not a highly recomended thing to do