PDA

View Full Version : ecu light came on ???????

m.d.
12-04-05, 11:48 PM
my ecu light came on this evening when i booted it for a second. then went out when i let off. is there any reason why it may have done this. the car feels exactly the same so i cant see what happened.

getlost29
13-04-05, 08:30 AM
stick a code reader on and see if it says any thing. but it could be lickly tat it had lost conection with a sensor for a split second while you botted it.

cheack ut alternator belt tension, i cant remeber if this affects the managment light if it gose slack and the alternator out put is low.

m.d.
13-04-05, 06:18 PM
the oil level was a little low at the time (checked when i got home) is there a sensor that the engine management system would sence low oil level or pressure. the normal oil light was not on or had not come on.

Stuart
13-04-05, 07:11 PM
most older cars will not have an oil level sensor so its not that. plus it wont flag the ecu light on

getlost29
13-04-05, 08:29 PM
all cars will have an oil sensor or otherwise an oil pressure switch, but as stuart said this wont falg up the managment light

best thing to do is to leave it

if u got no lights on and the engine is running then dont worry. if it comes on a again then have another look

justnovas
13-04-05, 09:04 PM
Which engine loom have you got?
is the data link useable?

Aragorn
13-04-05, 09:39 PM
just flash out the fault code with a paper clip over A and B on diagnostic plug

Stuart
13-04-05, 10:24 PM
ffs i said that most older cars didnt have an oil level sensor, that dosent mean i said they dont ahve an oil pressure sensor/switch.

Aragorn
13-04-05, 11:53 PM
the best thing is NOT to leave it

fault codes are there for a reason, i was driving along one day and EMU light poped on for a bit then cleared again, stopped and read the code: injector voltage low.

Fuel pump relay was roasting after about 10mins running and was buzzing like feck - ie about to die, if i'd ignored it i'd have ended up stranded somewhere with a dead relay, because i paid attention to it a swapped the relay with a spare and have had no other problems since