PDA

View Full Version : gsi front and skirts

notenuffhoursintheday
12-04-05, 11:18 PM
why is it so hard to get hold of a gsi front bumper and skirts for a good price think i might just have to rob some skirts :D its taking me over 2 months coz everytime i put a bid on skirts i get out biddedand im at work grrrr

burgo
12-04-05, 11:25 PM
i spose it depends what you class as a decent price??

notenuffhoursintheday
12-04-05, 11:27 PM
30 to 40 on conditon off skirts and 40 to 50 for bumper

also when i do find one its always miles away like london and i dont fancy taking my 1.2 that far its bad enuff where i work 20 mile round trip every day :(

burgo
12-04-05, 11:34 PM
i take it your after the skirts with the clips and everything if you expect to pay that and gsi bumpers usually go for ?60-?70 im afraid

notenuffhoursintheday
12-04-05, 11:46 PM
not bothered about cips coz ill screw them on :D with the bumper might just stick the gte one and fill the bolts :D i had to bolt it on mk2 wing :(

probert_nova
13-04-05, 08:16 PM
find some local lads who have novas. ya never know they may have a set lyin around. especially ones who have big kits on. i just sold mine for a tenner :roll:

notenuffhoursintheday
13-04-05, 10:49 PM
good idea i know a few nova lads :D i'll see what they got :D

ade
14-04-05, 07:39 PM
PLEASE dont just screw the skirts on the side - they'll look sh1te and will buckle. theres a large void under each.

If you have to screw them on, the best way would be to attach little wooden blocks to the little clip joints behind each skirt (where the clips would go) - line them up on the sill and screw using counter sunk screws (2 at each side). This will fasten the blocks to the sill. Then put the skirts onto the blocks and fasten these to the sill ising screws. Paint then black to hide them.

Its a botch job but will look ok (ish)

:roll:

notenuffhoursintheday
14-04-05, 08:50 PM
the fin and front will be screwed on and the underneath where the pop clips go will be screw but dunno about the top might use a flew blobs of strong glue :D

Ian_Gsi16v
13-05-05, 12:55 PM
Easy job fitting ths skirts correctly..

I was gonna bond them on but it was gonna take hours..

took about an hour and a half to drill the holes, rivit the clips on then snap the skirts on

looks laffin aswell :D

epo
13-05-05, 01:18 PM
i used self tappers and double sided tape on mine it looked sound imo never had no probs with it

NovaGuy1400SRi
13-05-05, 08:39 PM
epo, thats the way im gonna fix the skirts to my nova when i get a set :D

Mike.
14-05-05, 09:48 AM
i've got some skirts but i was never sure on how to fit them without clips, i'm not bothering with them no more though

Nick
14-05-05, 12:19 PM
just buy a set of clips, attach to clips to the skirt with some hammerite on the back of them, press the skirt onto the bodywork and drill the holes that the hammerite marks out.

took me about 20 mins to put them on, easy job.

epo
15-05-05, 06:44 PM
i've got some skirts but i was never sure on how to fit them without clips, i'm not bothering with them no more though

get them fitted they always look good imo :wink:

Mike.
15-05-05, 07:59 PM
dunno lol iff i do fit them it would be quite so,e time from now as i need a new sill :(