PDA

View Full Version : body panels

benji
12-04-05, 07:38 PM
where does everyoneget there panels from? i need rear arch panles for both sides, either repair panals or full 1/4's. don't really want to pay vauxhall prices but i don't want to end up with a load of crap. can you tell a crap panel one its fitted? or is it the fact that they don't fit very well that makes them crap?

cheers

ben

Jim
12-04-05, 07:52 PM
Will you be getting a bodyshop to fit them? If so, it might be best getting them to order the panels.

Jim

krobinson
12-04-05, 07:54 PM
I've seen some damn badly fitted rear arches on here, best to find a good bodyshop, and as jim says, get them to order them!

Keith

benji
12-04-05, 07:58 PM
me and a mate are fitting them. well my mate will be and i will be the tea boy

ade
12-04-05, 08:13 PM
www.sel-imperial.co.uk

that's where I got mine from.

Or ebay - occasionally get rear arch kits on there...

Body shop though may get them trade but if yer mates doing them...

Ade

benji
12-04-05, 08:16 PM
i've heard the sel panels are poor quality. getting trade discount is not a problem but i want to know where to order them from. would a bodyshop use sel imperial?

ade
12-04-05, 08:20 PM
possibly - the one I got was really good quality - good strong and not at all flexible.

Suppose it depends on what you get.

You could try Vauxhall but youd pay the price...

benji
12-04-05, 08:32 PM
don't want to go with vauxhall really. the car is gonna get alot of track abuse so i'm not really bothered about it being mint, but i can't have the arches being rusty. from sel i have priced up a pair of front wings and a pair of rear 1/4's up tothe windows. it is ?140. how do we get our novaload discount?

burgo
12-04-05, 08:35 PM
avenue panel are good and we use them in the bodyshop

Chris
12-04-05, 09:18 PM
I have used Sel-imperial before. cant comment on the delivery time as I always pick them up. I have had rear arch repair panels, and front wings for both mk1 and 2. The mk1's were fine but the mk2's needed some 'adjustment'

chris

nova---chris
12-04-05, 11:31 PM
i got mine from hte brown brothers which are part of unipart i think.
The fitment was pretty crap tbh. But ive made it work

burgo
12-04-05, 11:36 PM
i find brown brothers are crap aswell. we had a corsa rad from them and the thermostat hole was to small and not threaded lol.

Phil_G
12-04-05, 11:38 PM
brown bros done me a bumper for the 106 that wus a sound fit..

Phil

Stuart
13-04-05, 07:58 AM
you put novaload in as the company name i belive and its only a further 10% discount as they state they are already 40% discounted lol

some iffy deal woody got with them.

id say www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk but im 99% sure they use sel for the pannels.
My two front wings were sel and the only misfitting part was the fact the valance is dented which has nowt to do with sel ;)

SRlew
13-04-05, 02:35 PM
are front wings for a mk1 from sel any good?
are they worth buying?

iv heard some people saying they fit and some people saying they dont fit too good.

cause i might have to buy some if my dad carnt sort mine out, even he said that there not that good, as he's had too use them in his body shop.

benji
19-04-05, 12:06 AM
the panels are here, the front wings are ok but therear 1/4's are crap and have been sent back. they were dented and the panel was rippled where the arch had been shaped. the bloke on the phone wasn't even surprised, if he knew they were that bad why send them in the first place.