PDA

View Full Version : project problems plz help

IVI0USEY
12-04-05, 06:31 PM
i am tryin to rebuild a project which i bought for ?50 i got it home and started workin away til i removed the fusebox cover to find no fusebox i spoke wid the lad an he said it set on fire so he cut it out.

the car has got a 2.0 8valve engine and the wires are everywhere i was lookin for a wiring guide on the net but no luck plz help

got new fusebox, its a mk2 sri shell with a custom made wiring harness ive got a mk1 haynes manuel but i dont know if the wires are diffrent and i was just wantin to know if anyone has got a list of what wires do what and if poss details of voltage an stuff i have a shedload of bare wires and theres a few the same colour dont know if its gone fix plz help

also the engine hasn't got a spark will this be because i havent got a fusebox the engine turns over but wont run how can i go around this?

last question is there a guide on net or sumone got for the full wiring of 2.0 8 valve for nova?

Riggy
12-04-05, 08:55 PM
if you havent got a fuse box cos its benn cut out :o

i wouldnt be bodging another one into it

just find a full car loom and swap it over its not really as hard as it sounds and will be better in the long run

then just re-wire the 2.0 in :lol:

IVI0USEY
12-04-05, 10:39 PM
i dont want to stick any money in to it cause i have spare parts and the fact i carnt afford to cause of those F***ing pigs and fines.

i never thought about it but i have got a spare loom on my 1.0 thats going for scrap this is a carb engine will this loom do.

and can someone give me help by sending me a wiring guide for the 2.0 8 valve engine as far as i now its the bigger hp version

were do i find the engine code on this engine so i now exactly which one it is

burgo
12-04-05, 11:05 PM
yes your 1l loom will go straight in, then if you run the 2l 8v on carbs it makes it so much easier to wire that in aswell

IVI0USEY
12-04-05, 11:09 PM
i havent got a carb though unless someone donates cause i dont have spare money im stuck for a while till fines are paid as i have lost my job aswell i hate pigs

burgo
12-04-05, 11:10 PM
why what have the police done??

IVI0USEY
12-04-05, 11:13 PM
got nine points twelve month ban and a fine to last me two years in instalments

burgo
12-04-05, 11:17 PM
so you mean the police were doing there job and you were being a prick, i kinda wish i hadn't helped you now so i hope you struggle especially if you plan to use the nova to drive like a cock