PDA

View Full Version : Need Help URGENT!

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 06:31 PM
I have just finished putting new camshaft in and changing the coil from delco-remy to bosh (including the destributor). Probably everyone knows but the camshaft that I put in is from 14NZ engine i.e 1.4 Carb Sr to 1.2NV carb! I need to know how to wire the coil! I have no idea what the connectors are there and connect what to what! :roll:
I have followed everythin to the word in haynes manual, now before i start the engine how can i make sure the valves wont hit the cylinders and the valve clearance is ok? I am really paranoid! :(
Also on the destributer there are two wire connector which one is which? (Positive, negative).

Stuart
12-04-05, 07:00 PM
not sure on the wiring as ive not done mine yet.

as for the cam stuff provided youve got all the timing marks in the right place. go for it

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 07:06 PM
If while putting the cam belt on I moved lets say cam pulley one notch away from the alignment, what are the consequences?

BTW I was an idiot I undone the head bolts without draining coolant. After realising what started to happen I quickly drined the system! :roll:

burgo
12-04-05, 07:10 PM
both coils are just a positive and negative, do you mean the dizzy? and turn the engine over with a spanner on the bottom pully

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 07:14 PM
Yeah the dizzy what is that two pin connector? I know one is +12 the other is -1 the -1 one is for the rev counter, but there is no markings on that pin.

Stuart
12-04-05, 07:36 PM
ummmmmmmmm you changed the ehad gasket too?

if not eeek

burgo
12-04-05, 08:36 PM
i supose it depends if he removed the head stu, if not then he'll be alrite

Riggy
12-04-05, 08:53 PM
but he undone the head bolts so should realy change it

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 09:04 PM
Yes ideally I should have changed the headgasked but I am lazy and I most likely pay for it! :( I will believe and hope what burgo said! I havent distorted the head position at all so hopefully shall be ok!

Now can someone PLEASE take a picture of their bosh coil and dissi and all the cables that run between coil and dissy! PLEASE!!!!!!!

burgo
12-04-05, 10:34 PM
I will believe and hope what burgo said! I havent distorted the head position at all so hopefully shall be ok!

i never said that

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 10:40 PM
Mate I havent taken the head off!
Dude can you please take some pics of your coil and distributor! PLEASE!!!!!!

burgo
12-04-05, 11:07 PM
i cant find any at the moment they are all in boxes lol i may be able to get pics of the loom out of a 1.2 and 1.3, im not sure what ignition systems these are though

sTuDeNt
12-04-05, 11:13 PM
Please do!