PDA

View Full Version : nitrous

jamie gsi16v
12-04-05, 05:11 PM
has anybody ever insured there car with nitrous, iv got a corsa gsi engine in my nova and wana put nitrouse through it (50bhp of direct port) how much will this effect it and is there any way of getting around it cheaply?

NovaloadedAgain
13-04-05, 02:13 AM
Theres no way around not insuring mods, You'd only regret it otherwise!

Ive heard it adds alot to your insurance tho. Whilst were on the subject, Ive been told by a local tuning garage that you cannot have NOS on twin carbs. I argued with them & he didnt seem to know what he was talking about....Anyone wanna clear this up for me? Is a 25bhp shot likely to blow my car up?

Jack
13-04-05, 11:19 AM
N2O is a big performance modification, and bearing in mind most insurers have kittens when you tell them you have an exhaust and air filter, expect them to laugh in your face over nitrous.

You may have some luck looking on jap car forums; a fair few of them run legit N2O systems.

Alex
13-04-05, 01:15 PM
as far as I'm aware Nos is illegal to use on the roads. It is not illegal to have it fitted to your car though.
And insurance companies would have baby elephants, not kittens

Jack
13-04-05, 01:36 PM
as far as I'm aware Nos is illegal to use on the roads. It is not illegal to have it fitted to your car though.
Actually Alex is right - Most people install the full kit but disconnect one of the tubes or something. At the Pug RR at Andover last saturday, Paul turned up in a breadvan with N2O, but had to reconnect a couple of bits first.

And insurance companies would have baby elephants, not kittens
:lol: :lol:

Philsutton
13-04-05, 02:32 PM
you can fit NOS to twin carbs

Nick
13-04-05, 06:34 PM
It is illegal to have pressurised gas lines in your car.

So therefor, it's not illegal to have nos, it's just illegal when you hook it up.

Therefore, i don't think you'd beable to insure it technically, but i'd say you have it but don't instend to use it due to the legality of it (1/4 mile only ?) they'l still had a fair bit of cash on tho....

you should still insure it tho, because if you crashed then everything is 100% covered.

yes you can on twin carbs, DP or tapp the inlet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0498.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0499.jpg