PDA

View Full Version : rear spring through chassie, not good eh

getlost29
11-04-05, 09:52 PM
just had my mot done on the car today only to find out that one of the rear springs has gonthrough the chassie, as well as all the other holes that some git put in my car its only gonna cost bout ?100 to welld and sort out.

but is this coman problem on the old nova

the only other bits i got to sort out is one fexi, a couple of bushes, rear wheel baring and a trak rod end which all came to ?30 squid, so i can do all that while my car is up being welded.

the only other thing is on the front head lamps, (by the way i have a mk2 nova) theres littile plastic clips that stop it from flapping around at the bottom, is it worth getting new clips os is there summthing beter i can do to stop the problem

Stuart
12-04-05, 08:04 AM
headlight clips are like 50p from vauxhall

spring through chassis rail for ?100 sounds iffy to me, should be a lot more than that as its a hefty job. but hey

getlost29
12-04-05, 08:51 AM
i know it shuld be a bit more but its only ?100 cuz i pulled a few strings and im helping the welder out.

i ant takin it to a local garge an let them rip me off. i do my own work and have a welder do the rest.

all most grages want is ur money

Will F
12-04-05, 09:28 AM
?100 is a about right. I paid ?70 a few years ago. That was for a proper 'cup' to be welded in too!

Jos
12-04-05, 11:04 AM
I had the same problem with the nearside rear spring one month ago, only spotted it afew days before the MOT.

Luckily I have a good friend that does my MOT's so with the job done well, and alot of other minor things the total came to ?120 :D I was very chuffed :D

getlost29
12-04-05, 12:25 PM
will f u said u used a proper cup. is this a part u can get from vauxhall or is it just what the welder made up

snapper
12-04-05, 12:57 PM
Don't know where you lot manage to find prices like that! Cost me like ?300 to have both spring seats done and part of an inner arch done. Top notch job as well!

getlost29
12-04-05, 03:24 PM
the ?100 is for the pring seats on arch and the holes in the sills

all that needs doning is welding plates

the guy who is doing mine is old school and a straight guy, and tells u what needs doing and not what a grease monkey will tell you

Jos
12-04-05, 04:32 PM
the ?100 is for the pring seats on arch and the holes in the sills

all that needs doning is welding plates

the guy who is doing mine is old school and a straight guy, and tells u what needs doing and not what a grease monkey will tell you

this is the type of guy you wana make friends with :) also make sure they know you're pretty competant with mechanics, so they don't try and pull a funny one and make problems up

getlost29
12-04-05, 11:08 PM
unfortunatly i cant weld but will be doing a course next year to complement my motorsport engineering degree

i do the mechanics my self

and when im good at welding i will invest in my own mig. untill then i will keep going back to the same guy

he said i can do all the work on the car when its jacked up and being wleded so a big bonus and saves time

Stuart
12-04-05, 11:10 PM
aghhh stay away from sean mcarten and also the formula stupid team ;) lol

getlost29
12-04-05, 11:13 PM
yea i know uve already told me. remeber u said its the micky mouse uni

im hoping i can get on a fromulea renault team there

Stuart
12-04-05, 11:23 PM
form ren, tahts novel. yet another forumula to get lost in the accounts lol.