PDA

View Full Version : ICE newbie

LukeManic
11-04-05, 01:22 AM
any1 know of a site where it gives information about ICE installs? Im a total newbie to it all but ive got some cash saved and what to create a respectable setup.

One thing that is buggin me is what amp to get or if i really need one, I mean I know I dont want a Sub as im not after a lot of bass but will the amp be need to channel all the speaker cable into and then the amp just plugs into the head unit? I dont want to end up cutting all the orginal wiring in my nova to house new speakers.

Thanks.

Stoo
11-04-05, 02:27 AM
Two cables run from ur head unit to ur amp, The RCA delivering the sound signal, and the remote power on, the blue cable in the iso plug on the back of ur head unit! this turns the amp on when the head unit is turned on. The speaker wires run from the amp to the speakers.

As for the origional wiring in ur nova, if u want a decent sound, id fully upgrade all ur cables, i mean all! As in power, earth, RCAs and speaker cable! For power and eart, the thicker the better!Make sure its correctly fused though!

The best set up, if u dont want a sub, would be a 4 channel amp running 2 f. and 2.r speakers or 2 x 2channel amps to run front and rear seperately. Id go for a decent set of components in the front, incorporating a seperate tweeter and midrage woofer, with crossovers and then either a set of 6x9s or 7x10s in the rear, probably on the parcel shelf! Id go for 7x10s personally to get a little bit more bass!

When choosing an Amp, try to match the speakers RMS rating with the Amps RMS output! So for instance, 120W RMS 6x9s would be spot on with a 100W or 120W per channel RMS amplifier. Dont be fooled by huge claimed Max power outputs!

If that helps any, crack on but if u need any more help give me a shout! I use to fit ICE for a living!!

Stu!