PDA

View Full Version : COOL ADVICE

Anonymous
05-02-01, 12:51 PM
I found this months revs mags articles on basic ICE well useful, it helped me sorta figure out the basics of ICE, and now the forums sending me on my way, sorted!-only problem now is a parcel shelf, I dont really wanna fork out all the cash for a pre-made shelf, so I am thinking of making one myself, they seem really easy, the only problem I can find is making it look like a standard shelf(boring, but tidy) so Im considering a one of effort with maybe a opel recessed sign in it, the main trouble is how to trim it?

Anonymous
05-02-01, 06:31 PM
easy to trim. takes some time but well worth it. to make the shelf get some 12mm mdf and some 15-18mm x 22mm wood to make the ridge round the edge. to trim it get a roll of carpet and glue from an ice shop (?20 usually) and take your time doing it. cover it top and bottom, start on the bottom at the front and roll the shelfe over with glue on it. :) as i sed TAKE YOUR TIME!! it'll look good. i have some pics in paint shop pro format if you want, its my old shelf

Anonymous
07-02-01, 07:40 PM
yeah Id like some pics please, Ive made the basic shape, Im thinking I should add the ridges, cut holes, then trim it?

Anonymous
11-02-01, 09:14 PM
yeah arr the ridges round the sides cut holes. take about 1-2mm off the shelf around the holes and put some grill in to protect em :)